Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Tuesday 14th May 2013 9:31am for Chapter 5: Reading Lines (Year 6)

Again you had me giggling over "the one that isn't a crocodile?" "An allegory?" Wonderful.

And again at Wormtail's child.

Lovely chapter.

bgoldnyxnet posted a comment on Tuesday 29th May 2012 12:00pm for Chapter 5: Reading Lines (Year 6)

Beauvoi, huh! LIke the family from _Be Careful_. Now you have me _all_ confused, as I thought the head of that family was an analog of Remus.

Well, the world (or at least the world in your head) gets weirder and weirder.

And if you're going in for professional publication, is there some reason you don't finish off the story of the shapechangers (can't remember the name, and with Trycanta down can't go look it up, worse luck!) and publish that? There's a good story, and AFAIK you didn't borrow any of it from somebody else.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

I think you're referring to "Natural Life"? Sadly, most of my inspiration for that has fallen by the wayside. However, you've got something with the fact that Remus, in the otherworld in "Be Careful", was indeed a Beauvoi...

ccarter posted a comment on Monday 28th May 2012 1:22pm for Chapter 5: Reading Lines (Year 6)

I like what you did tying current people into old families, especially making Lucius named after a "mudblood." Good chapter as always!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Yeah, that just seemed appropriate somehow.

triciaelbl posted a comment on Monday 28th May 2012 1:18pm for Chapter 5: Reading Lines (Year 6)

Interesting! Loved the peeks at your other fic, thanks for the clarification on the Malfoy story and the Amanda/Alex stuff. It's starting to come together for me!

Great chapter, a nice break pacing-wise. I LOL'd at several points, great subtle use of humor.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Starting to come together is good... care to share your conclusions?

tangentsferret posted a comment on Monday 28th May 2012 8:45am for Chapter 5: Reading Lines (Year 6)

Hi! Good to see you sorry I haven't written lately life has been busy turning itself upsidedown and inside out but all is in fact in line to end well next week barring disasters (deep breath) I'm liking the directions the story is going and yes that is an intriguing first sentence plus plot outline it's a good narrative voice for a Regency-type novel very mannered and nose-in-the-air which makes it even more fun if/when it comes tumbling down off its pedestal (deep breath) enjoyed the Peanuts references also, lovely mental image of Sirius lying flat on his back looking chagrined because he fell for it AGAIN graceful recap on the Beauvoi/Malfoy thing for those who may not have been as careful what they are reading as others(deep breath) must dash got to medicate the large dog life has landed us with and finish cleaning and re-arranging the room for his Boy who will be Coming Home At Last after he graduates from highschool next week and isn't it just typical of my life that he should be doing the leaving-the-nest thing backwards and oh I am SO HAPPY!(faints from lack of air)(quick, bring the hartshorn!)

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Breathe, please. And no disasters. Large dogs can be fun... as Aletha would undoubtedly tell you.

callie posted a comment on Sunday 27th May 2012 9:56pm for Chapter 5: Reading Lines (Year 6)

YYYYAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! loved this chapter especially the whole beauvoi/malfoy/silversword/gryffindorsword revelation of which we basically already knew most of but its nice to have it out there straight and having the characters actually knowing it themselves... thankyou for the nice little study break but now back to it! p.s. enjoy your movie!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Yep, it's nice to have the characters find out what we, the readers, have been yelling at the page for years...

MLM97 posted a comment on Sunday 27th May 2012 9:19pm for Chapter 5: Reading Lines (Year 6)

A quiet chapter, but nice. I hadn't made the connection between Gryffindor's Sword and the Sword of Decision, although I remember the later story well enough to be seeing present-day parallels. (Between that and Danger's first dream, I think we're going to see the Sword choose Arthur Weasley as Minister of Magic.) So, the Bloody Baron was the grandfather of Alex's wife (and thus Amanda's great-grandfather)? Will we see those two interact at any point?

Anne B. Walsh replied:

No, the Bloody Baron is Amanda's grandfather. Sorry to confuse.