Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

altissimus posted a comment on Tuesday 17th February 2015 5:17pm for Chapter 64: If You Ever Loved Us (Year 7)

It takes quite a bit to get me to cry. I didn't cry for the deaths of most of the characters, but having them all come back and getting to see them one last time, that got to me. Very well done. I loved the final scene, where each member of the Pack and Pride is tested one last time, and the little unborn girls coming to save the day as well! Well done.

Waywren Truesong posted a comment on Monday 27th October 2014 4:07pm for Chapter 64: If You Ever Loved Us (Year 7)

i was loving it, all of it, but somehow it was Hagrid who made me burst into joyfully grieving tears. *cuddles Annette, who you made us love in three paragraphs*

GODS I love your Neville. So perfect. All these little confrontations... All so perfect. So much love.

*cuddles a tiny tot and rushes on to the next chapter*

Alagaisia posted a comment on Sunday 28th September 2014 1:20pm for Chapter 64: If You Ever Loved Us (Year 7)

First of all I just wanted to say that i love the Dangerverse, I've read most of your spin-offs from it as well, and i just finished re-reading what's here so far after convincing several of my friends to read it as well. I'm awaiting the end of the series with a mix of dread and anticipation. Oh my god I've cried so much for these books! I should hate you by now, i never thought I'd cry over people like Peter or Draco or Narcissa- and here i am calling them by their first names without a second thought! Thank you. This is really amazing, and you're really amazing, and I can't wait to see how this ends. -Madeleine And i almost forgot what I meant to tell you, which is relating to (chapter 59?) When they meet the people married to the founders, you said one of them was from Teribithia, which was created by two kids in the book Bridge to Teribithia (which is a great book and if you haven't you should read it) and from context i believe you meant Teribinthia, which is a place in the Narnia world place thing. ( Not sure if part of Narnia or it's own country) it could be a typo or intentional, I clearly wouldn't know, but it seemed like earlier you were taking about Narnia so i thought I'd put that in.

rynaldo posted a comment on Friday 26th September 2014 7:44am for Chapter 64: If You Ever Loved Us (Year 7)

So, If I have this right, your characters just pranked Voldemort to death. Beatiful! I hope that I am right because that would fit so well with the universe that you've built. I look forward to the denoument though I will be sad to see my favourite fanfiction end. I think I can admit to some sentimentality at the return of Harry's (and everyone else's) loved ones in this chapter without turning in my man card. The Dangerverse is an altogether wonderful effort with more than enough original content to stand proudly beside it's inspiration.

bgoldnyxnet posted a comment on Wednesday 24th September 2014 9:47am for Chapter 64: If You Ever Loved Us (Year 7)

Well, that was nice. I can hardly wait for the denoument.

Zarz posted a comment on Tuesday 23rd September 2014 7:42am for Chapter 64: If You Ever Loved Us (Year 7)

Wow! This is just - wow! I started reading the Dangerverse way back ages ago, but eventually stopped - I think the site stopped sending updates and I didn't realize I needed to re-subscribe for a couple of years. And when I started seeing the updates again, for a long time I didn't read them - the last chapter I had read was back when Aletha and Sirius were captured, and Alex was crying as he gave Danger the dire warning that she was going to be too late for *something* horrible - I was too afraid to read further! But finally I did, and I was fascinated, but eventually realized I had not a clue what was going on! So what was I to do but binge-read the entire Dangerverse up to that point? (I think this was a new record for me - I've stayed up past midnight plenty of nights, even on school nights, trying to finish the last chapters of a book. I think this is the first time I've done so three nights in a row!) And now I'm finally caught up, so I can properly say you are amazing!

I've been trying to figure out all the hints you've given us in this latest chapter about what's going to come next. I think I have Ginny's part figured out, and I can't wait to see their daughter, but I confess I'm a bit worried about Snape. Did he manage to get himself killed in the last five minutes? And I've always been meaning to go back through and track who has used which jewel for what. Of course now they've finished the Ravenclaw and Gryffindor ones, but shouldn't Danger at least, and maybe one or two of the others, still have Hufflepuff and Slytherin?

And it's been driving me nuts trying to figure out who is still going to lose their Heir magic. I've been pretty sure it will be Harry or Remus for a while, but then I realized Remus and Danger were mostly dead while Harry was making his bargain, so it probably won't be him. I did have the thought that Harry has essentially had a Slytherin Heir's power from Voldemort's Horcrux. Possibly losing that will count, though as he says, he'd give up a lot more than just Gryffindor fire to defeat Voldemort.

And I must say - Fox as Lucius was an incredible twist! Even having read enough of the recent chapters to be reasonably certain who he really was, you still had me half-convinced it really was Lucius Malfoy! And I never did see Luna-as-Amanda/Fox-as-Dafydd coming, so that was a fun twist. I'm glad they got at least some time where they got to act as decent human beings. And it was so incredibly sweet and heartbreaking how they protected Peter - even to the point of helping him arrange, and then carrying out, his death so that his daughter would be safe.

And I must confess, it's been entertaining trying to properly interpret everything Alex and the others have been saying, particularly in regards to Fox's stint as Lucius. Obviously not only did they know Draco had to believe that his death was coming, but they also wanted the rest of the pack to believe Draco was dead. I'm still mentally working out why, but it does lead to some interesting questions, such as when Alex was telling Danger that their "newest resident" was settling in well, obviously he intended that Danger believe he was talking about Draco, and that she take comfort from it. But why didn't he say Draco? Just because Draco had now changed his name and Alex didn't want to give that away? Or was "newest resident" not a reference to Fox now being a Founder's Consort (or dead) and instead really a reference to someone else - Albus, for example?

And this is now way too long, so I'll just say that I can't wait for the next chapter! Keep up the amazing work, and I am so excited about seeing this saga end! (Well, except for the minor detail that then it's over, which will be terribly tragic, but that just means I'll have to start going through your original works. Anyone reminiscent of Alex who I should be looking out for? - And BTW, that was just a perfect revelation that the original Heir of Slytherin was actually a Hufflepuff!)

Heather

AnnaTigg posted a comment on Sunday 21st September 2014 6:30pm for Chapter 64: If You Ever Loved Us (Year 7)

Ok. So. Wow. I did read this as soon as it was published by didn't get chance to review. Just read it again to refresh my memory. I am in awe, quite simply. Love everything, can't begin to find a favourite part. And the title references C.S.Lewis, for which even more respect. Cannot wait for the next chapter.

Scott M posted a comment on Sunday 21st September 2014 1:13pm for Chapter 64: If You Ever Loved Us (Year 7)

Heee, yay. Amazing, wonderful, fantabulous chapter. I believe I know part of what they did, and obviously it worked so far as getting Voldy to cut his own cord, but I shall wait and see!

Dangams posted a comment on Saturday 20th September 2014 6:31pm for Chapter 64: If You Ever Loved Us (Year 7)

REVENANT ARMY OF AWESOME! (And they were awesome.) That scene is best read while listening to 'Statues' from the Deathly Hallows Part 2 soundtrack, I think.

This is proving to be an excellent finale to an excellent fanfic! I can't believe we're almost at the end! Keep up the good work. :)

LoneWolfe posted a comment on Saturday 20th September 2014 12:10pm for Chapter 64: If You Ever Loved Us (Year 7)

It figures. You give us the Final Battle, and we still get the Cliffhanger To End All Cliffhangers - and considering the cliffies you've left us with before, this is really saying something!

I just... yeah. I have no coherent thoughts any more.

Nenya posted a comment on Saturday 20th September 2014 4:18am for Chapter 64: If You Ever Loved Us (Year 7)

Too...many...feels... I sobbed at their loved ones coming back. The Pack-parents' parents, and Narcissa, were especially wonderful. I think my favourite part, though, was Voldemort's temptation of Fox, and the Pack helping him to reject it. Wonderful.

Anansii posted a comment on Saturday 20th September 2014 1:56am for Chapter 64: If You Ever Loved Us (Year 7)

I'll have to go look that up (or just wait until the Great Reread that will follow on my reading of the Epilogue), but what comes immediately to mind is a certain prestidigitation feat involving a rope supposedly cut in half and miraculously rejoined, which I've done myself on occasion... :)

As for the chapter... Yes!!!!!

carolebear posted a comment on Friday 19th September 2014 11:54pm for Chapter 64: If You Ever Loved Us (Year 7)

OhmygodOhmygodOhmygodOhmygod. Even after a second and third reread, I am still amazed at your story crafting skills. Is this the ridge or the tell? This one is more real to me now than canon. Even the rereads give me the fluttery feeling in my tummy when I am really, really nervous.

So now the question (at least to me) seems to be how Harry will return to the living world. Will he be offered the chance to return like he was in canon? (but Dumbledore is living, not dead - I didn't know that he and Snape were capable of astral projection, and were did they find the babies?) Or will he be offered this choice by the founders. Or was it all sleight of hand on Ginny's part? Harry believed that his cord was cut, he was willing to make the sacrifice, so the final Horcrux was destroyed. Maybe I need to go reread that part of DH. It was one of the few places in the story that gave me that fluttery feeling that you keep evoking.

buffarama posted a comment on Friday 19th September 2014 11:04pm for Chapter 64: If You Ever Loved Us (Year 7)

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! coherence, yes. i had to stop reading and catch my breath 3 separate times this chapter! babies!