Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Meteoricshipyards posted a comment on Wednesday 19th April 2006 6:33am

Opps. I tried to review this on Monday, but had a network problem, so I saved the message, and forgot about it. Here's the original message:

Boy, am I dumb. When I read your comment about the crossover being obvious, I thought to myself, "I never saw _The Safe Room_."

This would be an interesting story. What would happen to Draco if he met God? I don't know if even that would change him - it didn't help Diggory's uncle, or the Dwarves at the end of the world. He doesn't force anyone to change.

<end original message>

I can see some of the scenes, though. The next morning when Meghan tells about visiting Narnia with Draco, and Draco denying it. Draco's embarassment when all four of them get through the barier. I can see Draco trying to suck up to the White Queen, and drinking in her praise of him, after he is a Malfoy. I can see Alsan telling Draco about the world that the White Queen came from and how Voldemort will make the earth like that - every thing dead, except for himself. I still don't know if that would be enough for Draco to change.

What I don't see is the role of magic in Narnia. In the trip from the beaver damn to the stone table, I can see them stunning the chasing wolves. But would Father Christmas still give Harry a sword (and would it be useful against Voldemort?) Would he apologize because the Dursleys kept him from Harry during Harry's pre-Hogwarts days :-)

Some possibilities, but I also don't see enough differences to make a whole story from it.

Good luck if you go with it. I'd read and enjoy it.

Tom A.

Susan was lost at the end; I can see the same thing happening to Hermione, though perhaps for different reasons.

brad posted a comment on Tuesday 18th April 2006 12:27pm

I've been having problems leaving reveiews the past 24 hours ... let's try again: I've only just started reading your Danger series, and I'm still plowing my way through it. Very good, very enjoyable ... you are an excellent author. The characterisation, the camaraderie and love between the Pack and Pride makes every chapter a joy to read. Now that I know who Meghan Freeman is I'm really looking forward to seeing Harry talk to her in the next chapter of this new story. If Meghan doesn't like Malfoy then she's a 'good guy' here, and no doubt in considerable mental anguish due to the belief that her father is a Death Eater and murderer. I can't wait to read of Harry telling her the truth, and putting her mind at ease. That's something I'm really looking forward to, with just the few words of this prologue. And due largely to your other stories causing me to care about Meghan. By default I'm a H/Hr man (but I'll read anything that's good, so that's why I'm quite happily enjoying your Danger stories; I've enjoyed the hints of adolescent romance therein). When I read this I was at first extra-happy because I thought there might be a chance for some H/Hr romantic action (albeit at a puppy-love, fourteen-year-old level). But then I recalled that Narnia is an adventure of four *siblings* ... and my H/Hr accelerated enthusiasm rapidly deflated. Oh well. In 'real life' - real 'canon'? - I can't see how Draco could possibly be redeemed. He's just a poisonous, obnoxious little vermin, brainwashed from the start. He's the boy who *rejoiced* in Cedric's *death*, has been eagerly hoping for the deaths of mudblood Granger and the others, so I can't see how anything could change his views (for real). You did it in the Danger universe because you took him away from his father in time. I can't see how you can take a post-GoF Draco and do the same thing here, and make it believable. I'll just wait and see ... Thanks for all your fandom writing, lots of fun in reading it!

shokolait posted a comment on Tuesday 18th April 2006 8:37am

WooT! Another AU of an AU - my fav kind!:D This is looking to be very interesting... I hope you keep going with this one!

Erin M. Heckman posted a comment on Tuesday 18th April 2006 1:01am

This is an awesome idea, and hopefully you will have a chance to let this plot bunny run free.

MercuryBlue posted a comment on Friday 14th April 2006 11:18am

Interesting concept. What d'you mean, if the title didn't give it away? Obviously you're playing on The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, and you're throwing Meghan and (presumably) Aletha into the fun. I don't get about 'if the title didn't give it away'.

The timing of this attack is a bit screwy from my perspective. Voldemort's plan for the Tournament's grand finale obviously included him Portkeying back to Hogwarts with Harry's corpse over his shoulder and followers in tow, to kill off a substantial fraction of the British wizarding world, including the Minister, the Supreme Mugwump/Headmaster/supreme pain-in-Tom's-rear, and numerous other high-ranked annoyances who were there to watch the Tournament. So if there was going to be a big grand attack once Harry'd made his getaway, right then would still be the time. (Though I see how that would provide logistical difficulties for the story you're trying to tell.) I don't see why he'd wait a week and then attack. The only people he could attack at the end-of-term feast would be the Hogwarts students and staff. Which would include the Potter brat and Dumbledore, yes, but nobody else of significance. And an attack at the end of term would not have the, however slight, advantage of Crouch Jr masquerading as Moody, and would have the distinct disadvantage of having the real Moody out there and itching for a bit of payback.

I think I've babbled enough. I do look forward to reading the rest of this, should you care to write it.

Incidentally, when are you planning on posting the writings of Valentina Jett to fanficauthors? I read them on fanfiction.net and they're really good.

Wait, epiphany about title...you aren't seriously going to be replaying TLtW&tW, are you? With Meghan cast as Lucy, probably Draco as Edmund, which makes Harry and Hermione Peter and Susan. Would it be Narnia or Dangerverse they'd be heading to?

Okay, definitely babbled enough now. Bye.

Tanydwr posted a comment on Thursday 13th April 2006 9:45pm

Cool. So, was Meghan conceived shortly before Hallowe'en (heehee, like my Orion?), or even before, but so she was born two years behind Harry? Because that's cool. It also means that Aletha didn't commit suicide as you had her do in the 'canon' dimension, because she'd want to survive for her daughter - 'the only good thing Sirius Black did' and all that jazz. And it's going to be great when she and Meghan discover that Sirius is innocent. I can't wait for Meghan's (and Draco's if he overhears) reaction.
And all the Pack's cubs together again, eh? I'm curious, if this the canon universe, Danger wasn't born - or was she born and given up for adoption?
Definitely write this, its singing to be written.
Lol, Tanydwr

Patches posted a comment on Thursday 13th April 2006 7:11pm

This is going to be interesting. Thanks for setting up such and unlikely group for a story. I would love to see where you go with this. pms

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Thursday 13th April 2006 4:07pm

*chuckle* This doesn't look like a rather fun crossoever. You've got a good start here and it's another I'll be following.

Christina C. Keimig posted a comment on Thursday 13th April 2006 2:02pm

This is a very promising start! I look forward to reading more (whether you write it yourself or someone else does--I hope the former).

David posted a comment on Thursday 13th April 2006 10:00am

After reading the reviews:

I can, in fact, see Meghan (should she be the same basic persona as the Dangerverse Meghan) as quite the Bright Serpent. Healthy Ambition, and that girl has PLENTY of Cunning.

And I can EASILY see Malfoy being a far more loyal sychophant of the White Witch than poor Edmund. Seduced by candy? Naw, Malfoy will jump in with eyes wide open.

I can, however, see him deciding to play both ends against the middle if She treats him as poorly as Edmund was treated after The Betrayal. I don't forsee Malfoy The Just. I could also see (given the right setup and enough time) a Malfoy/White Witch, and possibly Hermione/OC or Hermione/Tumnus setup, if you do ships and don't decide to do H/Hr.

Hm, if you do ships, Hermione/Tumnus might be very believable, actually. And Malfoy and Jadis would probably be exactly what the other expects in a partner.

Definately hope you continue it, so far I've enjoyed all of your writing VERY much.

David Thacker posted a comment on Thursday 13th April 2006 9:26am

Thank you for this story and the time and effort that you have put in to it.Please ignore any and all flames.Enjoy your self when you write and have fun in your life when you can.

XanDutch posted a comment on Thursday 13th April 2006 8:01am

I love the title and the start of the story. But *how on earth* did Meghan end up in Slytherin?

Mouse posted a comment on Thursday 13th April 2006 7:26am

This is a very interesting story.

Ivy_Snowe posted a comment on Thursday 13th April 2006 7:19am

Good fic. I like it so far. Hmm. I like the idea behind the safe rooms. I've read a fic similar, but the circumstances were a bit different. Again, good fic. Cheers.

~Ivy

Coolone007 posted a comment on Thursday 13th April 2006 7:15am

not a bad start, the issue I woud have with taking up this story is trying to uncorrupt Malfoy. Yes I see he is playing the part of Edmond. In the original they were brother and siters. They did not like ech other all the time but there was love there. there is no love lost between the three and Draco.

the DragonBard posted a comment on Thursday 13th April 2006 6:56am

So, this is an xover with Narnia, and Meghan is Sirius's daughter that he doesn't know about?

Interesting.

unperfectwolf posted a comment on Thursday 13th April 2006 6:55am

ANNE! You *must* write this. Or find someone to do so PROTNO. *nod*

Zero Blitz posted a comment on Thursday 13th April 2006 6:09am

Hm, this looks interesting. Is this going to be Harry/Meghan? That sounds like it would work pretty well but I don't see Hermione/Draco working in this since it would take a long time to fix Draco's personality this far into the story and it seems as if most of this will be based in the safe room, right? I think you need to add a sentence or something to confirm what Harry believes since there would be other people in the same circumstances as her - a parent sent to prison accused of murder - and Harry couldn't think that there is something she desrves to know without more proof. You could include something about her father being on the run from the ministry, since I doubt there would be many people in that position. Just so you know, this is the first fiction I've read of yours that isn't the main Dangerverse storyline so keep up the good work and I don't mind you spending some time on this rather than DwD. ;P

Anne B. Walsh replied:

I'm thinking it may be no ships, but then again I might find a way to work ships into it.   Actually, it'll be moving out of the safe room pretty soon now, and they'll have all the time they need.   :insert evil cackle:   Harry's assumption is based on Malfoy's comment about Meghan's father breaking into a common room last year.  

Michelle posted a comment on Thursday 13th April 2006 5:14am

So I'm sitting here trying to avoid having to work on Unforeseen, and I what should I happen to wadner upon? And I never would have known about it if I hadn't been playing around the Yahoo group.
Very interesting idea. I never would have had the gall to do it, but that's why it took me six months to finish Complicated.
Love the idea of the safe rooms. I'm going to have to figure something out for when - :claps hand over mouth: Oops.
Meghan got sorted as a Slytherin? Oh, that's going to take a bit getting used to. And she doesn't know about Sirius, obviously, since he's on the run.
Stupid Malfoy. Never liked him. Now that Draco Black boy... He's pretty cool.
Heh. They all got locked up together. But I kind of figured that out from the summary. Still funny.
Good on Hermione for tying the boys up. It'll be a long wait if they're fighting.
And now Harry's going to go tell Meghan that her daddy's not a murderous lunatic. Right? Because that would be the right thing to do, you know.
Looking forward to more of this when you get time, but as you said, you've got a lot to work on. As do I... Speaking of which, I need to get back to work. But first, I'll send you that PM that I've been putting off for a week and a half...
Michelle