Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Contrition posted a comment on Sunday 25th June 2017 8:57pm

Well, I had remembered that this is the worst chapter you had written thus far. So many Bad Things... and so many characters involved... and poor Sirius :( That's probably the worst Bad Thing yet, I think.

Okay. At least I don't have an actual cliffhanger this time, because the next chapter has long since been written. Off to the better things! (I hope.)

Nenya posted a comment on Wednesday 20th August 2014 5:07pm

Yay, second Pride :-)

Nenya posted a comment on Wednesday 11th December 2013 5:56pm

I like that Harry cleaned his sword before leaving the dream world. Little touches like that are one of the things that make this series so special.

Nenya posted a comment on Wednesday 11th December 2013 1:34pm

Hold on a mo...at the start of her lecture, was Professor Jones by any chance about to say 'For Aslan's sake'?

Anne B. Walsh replied:

*evil panther cackles evilly* No comment

Nenya posted a comment on Monday 9th December 2013 5:50pm

A lovely, well paced denouement to the arc. By the way, where is the dream that Remus has about having to kill Hermione!? I feel like I've read that scene but I don't remember where.

Nenya posted a comment on Monday 9th December 2013 3:34pm

Wow, Letha used the Killing Curse? How did I miss that?! Also, will the Gateway to Hades play any further part in the series? It has a lot of potential as a plot point...

Nenya posted a comment on Monday 9th December 2013 3:06pm

Oh gosh, we're well and truly into the Bad Things now...I do love this series, it's so exciting even after so many re-reads!

Elenna123 posted a comment on Wednesday 18th September 2013 10:15pm

BTW, is the green leaf pin Sirius has a reference to LOTR, or am I just obsessed?

Anne B. Walsh replied:

I'm sure you're obsessed, but yes, that's a Lorien-leaf pin. My mother has one, and matching earrings. Gifts from my dad, the same day he gave me an Evenstar pendant, just before we left to go see Return of the King for the first time.

MercuryBlue posted a comment on Friday 17th August 2012 2:39am

The paper with the baby names. Where did it really come from? Of course it's possible that Danger was telling the truth, but that seems awfully coincidental...

bgoldnyxnet posted a comment on Saturday 26th May 2012 10:23am

End it here? You've got to be kidding! We haven't found out what happens to Draco, what he could possibly do to get Luna to say she didn't love him. And, of course, how he will die, but everybody dies. Not everybody has the love of their life tell somebody she didn't love him, and mean it.

This has been a really excellent story, with just one flaw from my viewpoint: the dream sequences. You've made a lot of changes from canon: werewolf taming, true dreams, the threefold curse, the oath of the founders (and the whole founders business, for that matter), the chains, the blood-siblings (Hermione & Draco), the spell-breaking year, etc. All of that I had no trouble with.

But when you started having people go into dreams and make changes in the dream, which affected the outside world... somehow, that didn't work for me. It broke world for me, at least for the time I was reading that section. Or, as one old friend said, "It's supposed to be willing suspension of disbelief -- not hanging disbelief by the neck until dead."

Aside from that, good show. And for some reason I didn't get the significance of "...and blue" until it was revealed in the story. Oh well, can't guess them all.

oddlyalli posted a comment on Friday 16th September 2011 11:26am

I'm only reading this now because I was rereading DV for the first time this spring/summer and didn't want to mess with the flow of the storyline.

I can't yell, my dad's sleeping in the house. But HUZZAH! Great ending for this next-to-last book of DV; calm but with definite underlying excitement currents. Or maybe those are just from me.

I will most likely buy your first (full-time writing) book, seeing as you've been on my short favorite authors list for years. So, good luck; I wish you well in this new, probably somewhat scary section of your life. I'd like to follow in your footsteps someday.

Off to read the first chapter of your latest tricrossover! Yay, yay, yay, yay, yay, yay...

Krsi posted a comment on Tuesday 13th September 2011 12:36am

Absolutely love the elflet names. I love the names you give in general, but I think it's very sweet for Dobby to name his kid's after Narcissia. I may not always say it, but as usual, I love the story

Zevi posted a comment on Monday 22nd August 2011 9:18pm

Good luck with your writing career. :)

(It can be very hard to make a step like this, so congratulations with being able to do it.)

And this book was great, so I am looking forward to more, both DV and originals. :)

Zevi posted a comment on Monday 22nd August 2011 3:54pm

Now that the book is finished, I am finishing it, and greatly enjoying the reading. To answer your question, I don't have Kindle, but will buy your book if it's readable on a regular computer.

renfro92w posted a comment on Saturday 30th July 2011 4:22am

Anne,
This was a wonderful end to a fantastic story! Of course I'm already eagerly looking forward to Surpassing Danger. You've created a wonderful alternate playground for Harry and the gang, and your original characters have depth and definitely hold their own with our established friends. All the best of luck on your original projects. If and when you do publish them, please make sure they're available on iBook Store or some other electronic format so that I can buy them and read them. Thanks very much for your dedication.
Sincerely,
Chris

Bialystoker posted a comment on Monday 18th July 2011 1:44pm

Good ending to FD. I like thoughtful Harry. :) I've really appreciated reading this story in the last year since I picked it up again - it's made all the difference to my Mondays.
Wishing you all the best with Surpassing Danger - can't wait for those few weeks to be over!

buffarama posted a comment on Wednesday 13th July 2011 1:14am

eeep! awwww x2 or 3, I lost count. hurrah for full time writing gig!

Carolyn Jinn posted a comment on Tuesday 12th July 2011 10:33am

Congratulations on becoming a full-time writer.

I am so glad that you are continuing with the DV story in Surpassing Danger. This story wouldn't seem finished without it.

You have tied up a couple of loose ends in this chapter well. I'm glad that Victor hadn't turned totally dark.

I will be staying tuned for all future exciting developments in both stories.

Looking forward to the start of the next 'Great Adventure', soon.

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Monday 11th July 2011 4:58am

Excellent chapters. I liked how you dealt with Viktor, gave Ron a new way of seeing that won't stop him entirely and had Hermione sort herself out. Can't wait for Surpassing Danger.

PS - Lovely to hear that you've become a full time writer. The best of luck with it.

callie posted a comment on Monday 11th July 2011 12:15am

i read this last night on fanfiction.net but i wanted to reply on here...

very dramatic... krum is semi evil, ron can see infrared, and i belive evanie is now going to get pregnant judging from wormtails dream...
love it as always.. can't wait till the next one starts!!!!