Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

joy! posted a comment on Tuesday 18th January 2011 7:19am

(Don't worry, I'm sure everyone is still reading this.)
I can't decide whether to hug you or to scream at you. This chapter should be ideally labelled 'BAD THINGS' in blinking green neon letters, preferably attached to a siren.
Anyway, great chapter, and I definitely hope to see your resolution coming true :D

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Lots of people are apparently still reading, and that makes me ever so happy. If you can find some way to get the siren and the big green letters attached to the stories, go for it!

HGRHfan35 posted a comment on Tuesday 18th January 2011 6:34am

As soon as I saw the title....I knew I was going to love to hate it! :)

Think can't get any worse and if they can, I do not want you to tell me.
From here on of, I want to see the Good side striking back at the Dark side and however Star Warsy that may sound.....go for it Anne!

And how aptly Aletha's new name has been chosen. And what a sad thing for Sirius to live through. *sniff*

Anne B. Walsh replied:

I'll tell you anyway that it gets slightly worse, but only slightly, and of the "Ron reacts badly" type. And yes, Good is about to strike back. It will be fun.

Prongsie posted a comment on Tuesday 18th January 2011 4:06am

Oh God... I feel so sorry for Sirius and Aletha! But I'm sure you'll figure out SOMETHING to help them out (after all, Danger still has her own role to play...) Anyway, I'm very glad you broke the writer's block, so go back to writing you ;)

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Yes, yes she does, and there are surprises to be found yet...

dmhgbz posted a comment on Tuesday 18th January 2011 2:29am

I'm still reading! Currently, I'm waiting until FD is finished, then I'm going to start the series over.

If FD is finished, it'll be my summer project. :)

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Well geez, there's some incentive for you! (No sarcasm intended.)

Anansii posted a comment on Tuesday 18th January 2011 1:58am

Mixed emotions here - good to see an update but ouch, some of the contents. Evidence Voldie hasn't read the Evil Overlord list anyway.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Why would Voldemort read the Evil Overlord list? He thinks he's already perfect.

Lesa posted a comment on Tuesday 18th January 2011 1:05am

D: Unfair, unfair, I say!

Yet, really epic. Sad, yet epic. Percy = epic. Alice = epic. Evanie = adorable. And as everything should come out alright in the end, I thereby call most everything epic, and leave it at that. ^_^

Anne B. Walsh replied:

I had fun with the epicness. And life is unfair.

menentesa posted a comment on Tuesday 18th January 2011 12:15am

ERK!! I KNEW you were going to do something with their vows! I just knew it! After reading the one where they're in the British History Museum that you wrote, I was just waiting for it. Sigh. Fantastic, as always. But as your previous reviewer said, I know you won't leave it bad forever, so I'm eagerly awaiting your next installment. Keep up the good work!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

It's a case of my realizing I'd made that mistake and deciding the bad guys would just love to take advantage of it. It's going to be bad for a couple chapters now, I'm afraid.

kendiara posted a comment on Monday 17th January 2011 11:44pm

I like bad things, mostly because I know you're not going to leave them bad forever :)

Anne B. Walsh replied:

One of these days I will leave them bad, and you'll all come and hunt me down...

LynnTerald posted a comment on Thursday 9th December 2010 3:59pm

Still waiting eagerly for the next chapter installment XD

Whyteroze28 posted a comment on Tuesday 30th November 2010 2:28pm

Love this story and am waiting with extreme anticipation on the next chapter.
I can't believe all the little twists and turns this story has taken.
I love the fact that most people see the woman as Salazar's daughter... (Even though it says that he had two sons) instead of Alex's. And I can't wait to see how you resolve the whole Draco's death thing.
I wonder if it will have something to do with Draco's vision he had on the night of the World Cup?
Keep it up, the ending is going to be spectacular, I just know it.

Whyteroze28 posted a comment on Monday 29th November 2010 3:22pm

I love how almost everyone seems to think the woman is Salazar's daughter... instead of Alex's. And it was his son who was possessing Draco, I assume. This is such an interesting story. I can't wait to see how it ends... except that then it will be over. :(
I have a few theories on the Draco's death thing as well, but I'm still a little unsure about them. (Like the vision Draco had where he was his father... back in DWD.) Could make for an interesting twist.
Hope to see what happens soon.

Zarz posted a comment on Saturday 6th November 2010 2:53am

I've finally finished rereading the entire Danger-Verse (and reading for the first time these last few chapters of FD), and I am once again reminded how absolutely wonderful they are! Great work! Another update soon, pretty please?

A few things:
I had been wondering where Hufflepuff and Slytherin's non-bedroom rooms let out. I'm glad the Pride finally figured it out (though did it never occur to them to look earlier?). I don't recall them ever checking under the rest of the beds, though. They only found Alex's portrait because the passageway happened to let out under the bed. Wouldn't it make sense to check for other portraits hanging around?

Really great work with the DA! I love how serious and dedicated everyone is, and I'm almost hoping the DEs will try to attack - they'll never know what hit them! Good thought with the House Elves as well. I've seen them used in stories before, but I don't think anyone's realized just how much of a boon they could be. Also, is anyone going to come up with a 3-D version of the Map?

I'm looking forward to finding out who that woman in the crypt by the Sanctuary is. I vaguely recall a story told pretty early on about a woman who had to choose between herself, her brother, and her lover, and I'm guessing it's the same one, but I can't remember if we ever learned who that was.

Please, please may Draco not die for real? Maybe a memory charm on Luna so she thinks she's being honest when she goes with Lucius? I really hope the entire Pack and Pride make it through the war okay. If not, though, I really we get to see them all visiting at Hogwarts for the cubs' birthdays, while whoever's gone on ahead waits for everyone else to catch up.

I'm pretty sure it was one of your lines, possibly in one of the Dangerverse AUs/side stories, that reminded me of a line from a Twilight Zone episode. Thank you. That was the first time I understand what they were trying to get at.

So, Gryffindors have control over fire, Hufflepuffs control plants, and Ravenclaws can heal, See, and act as the Fates. All of those seem to be pretty powerful. Is the only power of Slytherins really Parseltongue, or is there something else that Alex can do, that Voldemort will likely demonstrate at the worst possible time (at least if no one thinks to ask Alex about it (and if Alex is actually allowed to say))?

Reading through everything in relatively short succession, it's clear how amazing you are at fitting everything together. Just when I wonder if you've forgotten about something, like Harry's ability to go walkabout, it shows up again in a crucial way. Just when it seems that Draco had successfully avoided telling anyone about when he thinks he'll die, suddenly it's brought up again (I'd love to hear some of the Pack Parents' and Mr. Lovegood's suggestions about alternate interpretations of the scene). I can't swear that there aren't any threads you've dropped, but I certainly can't think of any.

Please update soon. I am dreading finding out what Alex is crying about, that it will be "too late", but by the same token I really don't want to wait to find out. The Pack, Pride, and DA have been prepping for a long time, and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing that pay off, preferably in a way that leads to lots of problems for Voldy and no more deaths or captures (or at least the minimum possible) for the good guys. The Founders have spent a lot of time and effort getting everything arranged just so for this final battle. Let's hope it all works out just as they were hoping and Sirius finally gets to write many more "and they lived happily ever after", secure in the knowledge that he already got his.

renfro92w posted a comment on Saturday 30th October 2010 3:22pm

I can see you have something planned here, but I have no idea what it is. That's what makes a good story great. I find it interesting that Peter's humanity isn't totally gone, and it makes me wonder what's going to happen when he butts up against the double wizard's debt he owes Harry and the single one he owes Sirius. I think I counted those correctly. This is such a great story, and to be honest, I'm afraid your books have been reread more often than the originals. :) I know it's a labor of love, and so I won't nag you to update immediately, but know that I'm sitting on the edge of my seat.

renfro92w posted a comment on Thursday 21st October 2010 1:29am

Once again, your story advances brilliantly! I'm actually rereading all the stories in the Dangerverse simply because they are so enjoyable. Alex's comment has me trying to figure out the clue. Thank you for continuing this story.

callie posted a comment on Friday 24th September 2010 10:12pm

That was... very very interesting
I love alex!!!!!!!!
i love the way wormtail isnt completely evil!!!!!!!!
and i love what the weasleys are trying to do!!!!!!!!
I also love exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
can't wait for the next chapter!!!!!!!

kittymitten posted a comment on Thursday 23rd September 2010 4:41pm

plz dont kill off sirius or aletha and cant wait till next chapter and ya exelent work keep up the good work

ps. when will you up date

kittymitten posted a comment on Monday 20th September 2010 8:34pm

when are you going to right the next chapters

eos9 posted a comment on Monday 20th September 2010 6:25am

I've enjoyed reading your series so much. Will be obsessively checking for the next update. Thank you!

ErinA posted a comment on Sunday 19th September 2010 2:57pm

So I just realized today how long I've been reading this series, and it kind of blew my mind. But the fact that you've kept me coming back for 5-plus years is a testament to how awesome your stories are. Keep up the good work...I look forward to the next chapter!

Mulch Diggums posted a comment on Sunday 12th September 2010 9:11pm

A Death Eater calling someone "dear?" Really? I can't say I'd believe that, Map or no Map.