Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Thorn Kitty posted a comment on Monday 20th June 2011 1:23am

So, I started reading this fanfic as a result of my boyfriend telling me that it is one of the best ones he has read. I had my doubts about how good this brand of fanfiction would be, primarily due to the fact that I read more bad fanfic than halfway decent or excellent fanfic.

I must say that through the course of the story you have created, Ms. Walsh, I found myself becoming thoroughly attached to the characters and the weave that holds the Pack and Pride together. At several points you had me in tears, which is actually a good thing, because of how poignant the story became, particularly with Aletha/Mare and Sirius. I have to say I actually stopped reading this for awhile because I was so afraid of what was going to happen to the Pack and to the Pride. I picked the story back up because I had to know what would happen and how you kept making everything ok in the end.

I particularly love the fact that your Voldemort is actually evil and he is not the stupid kind of evil, just the intelligent, sadistic kind of evil. Oh and the genocidal kind of evil. You can never forget genocide.

So far, this fanfiction far outlived any expectations I had. Your humor, voice, and obvious love of these characters is well illustrated. Thank you so much for writing as much as you have. Now PLEASE get the next chapters done soon so I don't go absolutely BONKERS!!

-Thorn Kitty

renfro92w posted a comment on Sunday 19th June 2011 10:38pm

I'll leave my review here after reading the previous 9 chapters straight through. This story is as captivating as the first three. This is the best HP alternate universe I've read. As for titles for the next one, I would vote for "Conquering Danger." Also, I would definitely buy your original fiction so long as it's available on Apple's iBooks or some equally accessible e-book format. :D Thanks for a wonderful universe. Keep up the excellent work.

Prongsie posted a comment on Sunday 19th June 2011 8:40am

Just a quick question: the two last lines of Danger's prophecy, do they mean that there are two Slytherin Heirs? And if I'm right, there are two Gryffindor Heirs as well? Or am I completely, totally mistaken (which is entirely possible, of course)?

Prongsie posted a comment on Sunday 19th June 2011 8:16am

Just a quick note. About the two last lines of the prophecy that Danger had: there are two Slytherin Heirs? And could there also be two Gryffindor Heirs, or am I very much mistaken in thinking that?

greenansatsu posted a comment on Tuesday 14th June 2011 3:04pm

Thank you Anne, I've been away on training without internet for the last couple weeks having a heck of a horrible time, and when I finally got the chance again to jump on the net for a couple hours, seeing a new chapter allowed me to forget about the troubles I've been having and just enjoy a good read. Hopefully when your next chapter comes out I'll be safe at home again and won't need it as a distraction but just a nice pleasurable read.

P.S. Great chapter =)

Carolyn Jinn posted a comment on Tuesday 14th June 2011 3:19am

Nice chapter. What a cliffee!!...Giants attacking Grimmauld Place!!

Erika Shulkusky posted a comment on Monday 13th June 2011 2:31pm

Hello, I am not on Facebook, so I hope you will see this...my husband is the Facebook fanatic, maybe I can get him to visit and like your page for me... anyway, until then, I was glad to have the next chapter to read and I hope you are doing better. I was hoping that when Mare visited with Rowena Ravenclaw, she and the Founders could do something to restore Aletha back to herself, but that would have been too easy, huh? Anyway, nice little cliffie you left us with as the giants descend on Grimmauld Place... yikes! Looking forward as always to the next chapter to see what happens. :-}

Bialystoker posted a comment on Monday 13th June 2011 1:52pm

I'm excited about Percy's plans... and the thought of giants in London is freaky. How are you gonna fix this? Glad you're feeling better and back up and running!

Dangams posted a comment on Monday 13th June 2011 9:14am

Awesome. :) Yay for build-up and exposition!
Also, I like the secondary powers bit. And I can see how some of them fit into certain other hints and riddles. :D

Now, for the last bit, which quote would apply more...
'Giants! In London! Though you ought to know...'?
OR
'Reform the lines! Forth Eorlingas!'?

MercuryBlue posted a comment on Monday 13th June 2011 6:35am

Giants in London, huh? How much damage have they done already?

Why do I have the suspicion that Parseltongue is the minor Slytherin gift?

Anansii posted a comment on Monday 13th June 2011 3:11am

Thanks for the new chapter, even if it does end on something of a cliffie... :)

Hey, I once got a spiral fracture of the upper arm playing ping-pong. The most amazing things can be dangerous on occasion.

callie posted a comment on Monday 13th June 2011 2:33am

hmmm very interesting! i especially liked the mare sections reading about how she sees herself is facinating...
as for sytherins second trait i have no idea and ive thought hard...
as always cant wait for the next installment!!!

ginny690901 posted a comment on Wednesday 8th June 2011 8:11am

Concerning "jumping the broom" take a look at
'http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumping_the_broom'...
So much for it migrating from America to England ;)
Otherwise: I don't think much to say about the quality of the story considering how far I've come in your Dannger'verse...

Anne B. Walsh replied:

You don't think much to say? Does that mean you like it or you hate it and yourself so you're torturing yourself by reading it? Judging by my level of not-smart with that author's note I'd guess column B...

WolfOut99 posted a comment on Sunday 22nd May 2011 9:56pm

I would probably read an original work depending on the genre of it. So that is a definite yes

MonkeyAxman1302 posted a comment on Friday 20th May 2011 12:01pm

evil, evil woman. so glad i don't have to wait for the next chapter. More please.
thanks for writing.
monkey

MonkeyAxman1302 posted a comment on Thursday 19th May 2011 7:39am

I liked the muggleborn orphan. Are u alluding to how it went wrong for Tom Riddle or a "might have been" for Harry?

Still loving it and i am very happy you seem to updating as well.

Keep writing.
Monkey

Nancy Austin posted a comment on Tuesday 17th May 2011 9:46pm

Thank you so much. I am still enjoying every word.

MonkeyAxman1302 posted a comment on Tuesday 17th May 2011 1:00pm

Great chapter, loved the use of a disney song in this. i have always liked your use of music in the dangerverse. i do wonder how you will use Crystal the muggle though.

keep writing.

Monkey

Carolyn Jinn posted a comment on Tuesday 17th May 2011 7:03am

Dumbledore is a bit of a tricky sort of guy. We will have to see what happens with his 'tricks' in the future.

Percy and the twins (and friends) have a great idea forming there.

Theo sounds like a bit of a mystery.

Thankyou for your update.

buffarama posted a comment on Monday 16th May 2011 8:45pm

crafty percy,
good for theo,
awwww at Mare and Megan