Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

menentesa posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd September 2009 2:38pm

Good grief! Very well written and (partially in response to a previous review) I thought you did a very good job of describing the characters without saying their names. I'm thinking they're all in the same house, so hopefully they all get rescued safe and sound. What can I say? I'm an eternal optimist ;)

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Yes, they are all in the same house, but having them rescued means someone's got to get loose...

bommor posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd September 2009 2:12pm

Interesting teaser. I'd like to see more before I say anything, but its a good intro. Very attention-grabbing.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Thanks. More coming.

Mulch Diggums posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd September 2009 11:23am

While I can see that this needed to be written, I gotta tell you that my brother and I are dying for more of Facing Danger! I hope you haven't forgotten the series that started it all. (Ooh, bad cliche, sorry.)

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Forgotten, no. A tiny bit stuck, yes. But I have a feeling like BC is ramping me up to it again. At least I hope so.

Waywren Truesong posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd September 2009 10:56am

*wibbles* Oh man. It ...

Sorry. I've been reduced to speechlessness. ...and nail-biting. But at least it's a distraction from my Classical Japanese homework! And quite a fascinating one, too.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Hey, be nice to your nails. They're sorta important.

Ryan Illuser posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd September 2009 10:09am

ohh! haveing fun are we. Everything seems so dark.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

That happens to me some days. Better to siphon it off into a side story rather than let it flavor everything too strongly, I think...

ClarenceRose posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd September 2009 5:23am

Whoa.
Intense.
I'm speechless beyond that.
Very descriptive.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

I try. Thank you.

carolebear posted a comment on Tuesday 1st September 2009 11:28pm

Good lord, your brain is incredibly twisted, woman! I'm not even going to try to figure out what will happen, because I'm dreadful at that. Hopefully you did this to keep something this bad from happening in FD. go ahead and get it out of your system, then. With the summary, I don't know if everything will turn out all right for everyone or not, but at least this isn't the original Dangerverse, right? Right? *pleads with Anne*

Anne B. Walsh replied:

No, this isn't the original DV. But horrible things will still happen there. *evil grin*

Nyeshet posted a comment on Tuesday 1st September 2009 11:11pm

I must admit to being more confused than horrified by this story. I presume you recently saw one of the Saw movies, and that it inspired you?

Why would allowing his hand get crushed between the bars aid Malfoy in freeing Hermione? What could he possibly do with a wand with the cage next to him that he cannot do with the cage far from him? Harry only mentioned frying the chain holding the cage away from Draco - not burning the bar. Otherwise I would think that maybe Draco was supposed to try to pry a bar off (after one end is melted through) so as to allow enough room for Hermione to get out.

The text suggests that the two guys (Ron and Neville) are under the Imperius, but the description of the scenes seems to suggest that it is instead the girls (Luna and Ginny). The girls are the ones acting fully accepting of the situation, after all. The guys seem to be trying to think of a way out of the situation. Have the guys been threatened - or have been told of a threat to the girls - if they do not follow through? Or are both guys and girls under the Imperius - but under quite different commands? Lastly, why would Harry react so without increased concern or interest in the fact that Ginny might soon betray him (albeit while under the Imperius)? He reacted as if it was just another friend in danger, not his girlfriend.

Why would the girl (Sirius' daughter, I forget her name at the moment) think that her boyfriend has betrayed her? I don't recall anything in the text suggesting that she has a scry mirror tuned on Neville (I presume her b/f is Neville.)?

Lastly, why would Harry presume that freeing Hermione would have such a major impact on their situation. Its not as if all of them were in the same building or necessarily aware of even the fact that all of them are in trouble. Only Harry is aware that all are in danger and in need of saving. And, presumably, only Harry is (maybe) aware of where each of those in danger may be. Sirius, for example, seems to be in Azkaban. Draco and presumably Hermione are in Malfoy Manor. I think (but am not sure) that Ron, Ginny, Luna, and Neville are at the Burrow (as they seem to be in Ron and Ginny's rooms - or so I presume). Also, if Harry can see all of them, then supposedly so can Voldemort (who would likely take pleasure in seeing all of their dooms). Thus even if Harry frees one, Voldemort will have plenty of time to contain the situation, preventing those freed from aiding others.

Lastly, I have no idea who the fire-power ones are (maybe the twins?), but couldn't they take turns taking breathes at the top. One takes a few breathes, dives down while yanking on the chain to let the other know. The other surfaces, takes a few breathes, then jerks teh chain as he dives down. Until the strength for bobbing upward and diving down gives out, this could allow both to survive - likely for an hour or more.

All in all, this was far more confusing than angsty or horrifying. And why were no names stated except Harry's? It made it much harder to follow. I read the core dangerverse story maybe a year ago, so I could recall enough to have a general idea of whom some of them were, but it took me a second reading to realize that the blond boy was Draco and that Hermione was in the cage.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Nope, never seen anything Saw-ish. Writing description without names is something I indulge in every so often, since description is one of my weak points and I want to see if I can make things clear without names. You have a great many objections to this story--may I suggest that little red button at the top right with the white X in it?

Minerva Granger posted a comment on Tuesday 1st September 2009 8:43pm

Truly fascinating. Harry rescuees them all, that is cetain. Harry turns off the water somehow for Remus and Dnager. Harr escapes his room, and gets the answers from Letha, then frees both Meghan and Sirius, Harry works out how to free Draco and Hermione, I'm not sure how. Harry frees Ron, Ginny etc, again I'm not sure how.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Oh, that would be nice, but I don't think it's going to work like that... good ideas, though!