Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Aki posted a comment on Tuesday 13th January 2009 10:32pm

He's being unfair to Narcissa. Or perhaps it's because she's someone whom I feel sorry for that I think this way.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

He is, but he's also a hurt child at this moment. He'll come around about her.

creaothceann posted a comment on Tuesday 13th January 2009 10:31pm

Hope you don't chew me out for this...

I had started reading Dangerverse before, but stopped because the characters seemed to dodge evil too easily, somehow. The chapters were too predictable in their 'evil hatches plan, superfamily thwarts it in the nick of time and saves everybody, rinse, repeat' sequence. I also noticed how every major bump in JKR's ride was hammered out; but that's probably inherent to fanfiction. Maybe these points changed with later stories. At least this one looks different. (Maybe I just like character-transforming events.) Shame it looks like it'll be over soon.

I shall press F5 repeatedly.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Chew you out? Nah. I'll just crawl under my desk and get over my urge to quit writing forever. It happens a lot.

Aki posted a comment on Tuesday 13th January 2009 10:27pm

Eh, is Cecy in love with Snape? Just a guess but I think it's a good one.

Aki posted a comment on Tuesday 13th January 2009 9:42pm

That was rather unexpected. But hey, it is a different world after all with all kinds of possibilities.

bookaholic_au posted a comment on Tuesday 13th January 2009 7:24pm

You evil evil person. But I did promise.

Your virtual cookies - http://203.142.18.65/karen/choc_chip_cookies_closeup.jpg

The chocolate is fair trade, so in eating these virtual cookies you are contributing to a real solution to global poverty. They are fresh from the oven, so as you bite into them the still molten chocolate drips slowly out. They are studded with nuts, brazil nuts, macadamias, almonds ... chopped so that 'nut meal' infuses the cookie, while leaving delicious chunks of nutty goodness. I use 1/2 brown sugar, so the soft chewy texture is supplemented by a caramel taste. Enjoy. I made plenty.

Anansii posted a comment on Tuesday 13th January 2009 1:35pm

Cackle all you want, long as you keep the updates coming.

creaothceann posted a comment on Tuesday 13th January 2009 8:03am

>"At the ball, just before the alarm went off. I’m glad it wasn’t before.

Shouldn't it be "I’m glad it wasn’t after"?

Rexnos posted a comment on Monday 12th January 2009 7:02pm

I'm almost amazed to be saying this, but this story might just be better than the Dangerverse. I love that whole plot line, but it's gotten so convoluted and confusing that it can be hard to follow now. This story is straight-forward, interesting and downright fun to read. I burned through the entire thing in less than a day. On the trip, I also realized two important things.

First, that I don't hate Malfoy anymore, which is quite the opposite of my reaction to cannon. He was an arrogant bastard who took sadistic pleasure in ruining the trio's life. I couldn't stand him and frankly hoped that he would die most of the time. However, your stories, both this one and the Dangerverse, have shown me Malfoy in a new light. He's been so tainted by how he was raised and other events beyond his control that he never had a chance to be good. He's still horrible in cannon, but you have a knack for transforming him.

Second, Snape. A few chapters ago, you described Snape so perfectly that I'll never be able to think about him the same again. I've hated Snape almost as much as Malfoy for almost the same reasons. Your portrayal of him as a jilted lover, reluctant teacher and champion of an "equal" point system really turned him around in my mind. I only disagree with your assessment in his treatment of Neville. Snape goes after Neville for his stupid mistakes... which you still hit on in your description. Frankly, I'll never be able to fault Snape quite as much ever again.

Anyway, that's about all I've got, or at least all I can remember at this point. I wait with great anxiety for the next chapter.

Later,
Rex

bookaholic_au posted a comment on Monday 12th January 2009 4:39pm

Impressively fast. I'll put the virtual cookies in the oven, in anticipation of Draco (and Luna)'s rescue. If it doesn't come quick you will have burnt virtual cookies ...

bookaholic_au posted a comment on Monday 12th January 2009 2:34pm

I think I know how you are going to get him out ... but you are going to have to wait for your virtual cookies. Keep writing!

Anansii posted a comment on Monday 12th January 2009 11:37am

55 whole chapters you have to play with, and you go and end the last one with a cliffie. Baaaaad author. :) Mind you, I'll forgive you a lot for rescuing Draco and giving us Gilbert and Sullivan. Possibly quite a lot of G&S - one wonders of those folks proposing that marriage law have seen Iolanthe. (snicker)

Good going, and keep up the good work!

CootiePatootie posted a comment on Monday 12th January 2009 5:55am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO How could you do this to us. Oh my gosh how, how, how???

This is SOOO good.

Now look, I've read most of the Danger series, and I need to know where this Beauvoir stuff comes from, cause I want more, more, more!

Anyway, great story - the redemption of Draco and Severus and lots of musical theatre - what more is there to life?

Thanks a mil...

Cassie

insertparagraph posted a comment on Monday 12th January 2009 4:54am

WHEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Ossindie posted a comment on Monday 12th January 2009 2:48am

Okay, so this was naughty. A cliffy. Haven't seen one of those in a while. Still, you've been pretty fast with updating this so you get a cookie, nevertheless. Anyway, I love this story. I do. It's nice to see Draco redeemed in an interesting, original way. And crossed with Dangerverse (which by the way is probably the best AU series I've ever read - and am still reading, from the beginning now, since I stopped and forgot what was going on and had to start all over again - and it's really long, in case you didn't notice). Dangerverse! *does her giddy schoolgirl impersonation*

Well, you DO get a cookie. Maybe even two. If you behave, be a good little writer and give me a new chapter soon. Which I know you will, since you are one of those writers that actually care for the poor people reading the story.

Thank you for a nice relief in this troubled time in my life. (Don't take that too seriously, exams are coming up and I needed a good story to keep me from becoming too obsessed with German grammar and various 19th century English authors. Sometimes, I really hate college.)

lap10 posted a comment on Monday 12th January 2009 2:43am

A new story! And so much of a new story at once, I feel overwhelmed. I'm pretty sure I was supposed to be getting work done today...

Minkus posted a comment on Monday 12th January 2009 2:18am

How nice of Nagini to take care of the Dark Mark!

Great chapter. I'd really like to know who's screaming. Really, really soon. ;-)

bookaholic_au posted a comment on Sunday 11th January 2009 11:11pm

I really ought to have reviewed the previous chapter ... but still. I received notice that you had updated late this morning. 12 hours later I am still entranced. I think that says, more than anything, how much I have enjoyed this latest post by a most remarkable author. Thank you. Even when you leave terrible cliffhangers!

I shan't kill you, I shall cut your vitual cookie ration. As I make excellent virtual cookies, you may now feel really terrible, and type faster in anticipation of the fresh batch awaiting you with it's conclusion.

Regina Noctis posted a comment on Sunday 11th January 2009 10:13pm

Nice reminder, lol. I'm not tempted to hurt--well, change that, I am tempted to hurt you just an eenie weensie bit :P

Here's to hoping that you update and get the whole lot of them out of this mess SOON. :P And permanently reinstate both Luna and Draco over in the dream-world...perhaps with Headmaster Snape to boot? ;)

Regina Noctis posted a comment on Sunday 11th January 2009 9:01pm

ahaha, Sir Nicholas de Mimsy Porpington is the ancestor of one of the Monty Pythons XD I absolutely LOVE the Pythons...you'll have to tell me which one you had in mind ;)

Loving every word of this story...thank you for writing!! *hugs*

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Well, considering John Cleese plays Sir Nicholas in the movies... draw your own conclusions, dearie. You're very welcome, though you may not love the newest update so much...

Ian Quest posted a comment on Sunday 11th January 2009 6:27pm

Brilliant! I'm very glad that I had the day off work today, because when I sat down this morning and read the first chapter to see what it was like, I didn't stop reading until I hit chapter 54! Congratulations on an excellent piece of work, and I look forward eagerly (and impatiently) to see more!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

More now available. Please don't kill me.