Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Roberta Johnson posted a comment on Monday 26th March 2007 1:18pm

I'm just re-reading this and loving it just as much the 2nd time around!

stargirl404 posted a comment on Friday 23rd March 2007 4:01am

Just figured I'd better let you know that I love your story! The entire way you reshaped the Harry potter universe is very believable. I'm a horrible reviewer or I would review after every chapter but then I get so interested in the story, I can't wait to read the next chapter. Lol. Keep writing!

Mitch Silverman posted a comment on Wednesday 28th February 2007 4:42am

I've read the first seven chapters of Living with Danger last night and today, and I'm very impressed. Excellent characterization, well plotted, and the humor all works! And apparently the Dursleys are going to get what's coming to them....

Seriously, though, I like how the Dursleys' frank abuse of Harry is painted realistically. Given their attitude towards Harry, it's unlikely that the Dursleys would have treated Harry as well as they did. It's also unlikely that Harry would have grown up as normally as he is depicted in the canon.

In any case, great work! I'll be reading the rest!

Jim Starluck posted a comment on Friday 23rd February 2007 5:22am

Wow, that was fast. Nine months in the span of one chapter. =P

All kinds of fun, too. I still giggle at "playing catch with Harry." The Christmas tape to Dumbledore is cute too.

And of course, the best part of the fight is the making-up afterwards... ;)

Jim Starluck posted a comment on Friday 23rd February 2007 5:07am

Up they go, into the wild blue yonder...

Now this chapter title is perfectly appropriate. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the single-most common reaction to announcement of pregnancy. =P

Jim Starluck posted a comment on Friday 23rd February 2007 5:01am

"Oops."

Single most dangerous word in the English language, that.

Ah, so many firsts in this chapter. I'm thinking now that you should've named it something different--"The Pack," or somesuch--but this works fine.

Jim Starluck posted a comment on Thursday 22nd February 2007 7:09pm

I've always been curiuos...that trick Dumbledore does with the magical photo. Did he make it show the same scene at a different time? Or was it what was happening there at that very moment?

Because if it was the latter, that could be a very handy and secure way to communicate, which might be useful down the road...

Jim Starluck posted a comment on Thursday 22nd February 2007 7:05pm

More dreams, more Dumbledorian awesomeness, more cute cubs, more prophecies...this one's jam-packed!

Why do I feel that they should've gotten that front-page "SIRIUS BLACK ESCAPES FROM AZKABAN" article framed or something?

Jim Starluck posted a comment on Thursday 22nd February 2007 6:57pm

I have to say that I love your take on Dumbledore. Far too many authors write him without any kind of common sense, or willing to sacrifice Harry's well-being for the good of Wizardkind...I like the idea that when he found out exactly how Harry was treated, he reacted the same as everyone else: restraining himself from physically attacking the Dursleys.

Really, the way some people write him, you wouldn't think he could run Hogwarts, let alone the First War.

Jim Starluck posted a comment on Thursday 22nd February 2007 6:52pm

"The first thing we need to do is calm down. Panic never helped anything."

When in danger (no pun intended), or in doubt,
Run in circles, scream and shout.

Pretty much sums up the Ministry of Magic, don't it?

Jim Starluck posted a comment on Thursday 22nd February 2007 6:48pm

Vaguely he heard the door open and close again, but he was lost in the wonder of the tiny life in his arms...

For some reason I just have to wonder what that would've led into. Was it Moony or Wormtail or someone else who came in, or did someone leave without Sirius noticing?

Jim Starluck posted a comment on Thursday 22nd February 2007 6:38pm

Neenie slept on, unable, at this time in her life, to articulate the sentiment, "Most wizards haven’t got an ounce of logic."

A sentiment that ought to show up in every fanfic at some point, if you ask me.

Also, doggie paddle for the win. =P

Jim Starluck posted a comment on Thursday 22nd February 2007 6:35pm

To be honest, upon re-reading this chapter, the Threefold Curse of the Righteous seems a little outlandish. I could buy everything that happened up until now--including Danger's dreams and werewolf-taming--but this stretched my suspension of disbelief a little far. Not sure exactly why, though. Some subtle combination of factors, I suppose.

Also I have this recurring image of Remus and Letha as secret agents, complete with the 007 bag of tricks.

Jim Starluck posted a comment on Thursday 22nd February 2007 6:31pm

*whistles the tune to "The Lion Sleeps Tonight"* Doubly appropriate, given Remus' eventual animagus form. =P

Jim Starluck posted a comment on Thursday 22nd February 2007 6:23pm

While the mind-link is handy, I can't help but think the chapter would be funnier if they'd had to do charades after all.

"Werewolf?"
"There wolf. There castle."
"Why are you talking like that?"
"I thought you wanted me to."
"No, I don’t want you to."
"Suit yourself, I’m easy."

Classic. :)

Jim Starluck posted a comment on Thursday 22nd February 2007 6:19pm

She's off to see the wizard...



"The red in the poem," Remus said slowly. "The red that’s actually orange. Could that mean red hair?"

"You know, I think it could," Danger said, following his line of sight. "But that’s something to worry about tomorrow."



If by "tomorrow" you mean "nine years later," then yeah, sure. ;)

Jim Starluck posted a comment on Thursday 22nd February 2007 6:16pm

I am strongly attracted to that woman.

And that’s not good. For either of us.


Ah, Moony...if you only knew.

But then again, even when you've got a couple who work as well together as these two, love is still a dangerous thing...

=P

Jim Starluck posted a comment on Thursday 22nd February 2007 6:11pm

"By tonight, every woman on this block will know that I had a strange man in my house. They’ll have us dating by tomorrow and sleeping together the day after that." "Sounds like a good schedule to me." "Why... you... you..."

Ahh, young love. =P

Jim Starluck posted a comment on Thursday 22nd February 2007 5:43pm

Such a humble beginning... :)

Looking back over that first prophecy (not sure if that's the right word for it, but I can't think of a better one), it's amusing to just go down it line by line and check off everything that's happened or is soon to happen.

And of course, there's the stuff that has yet to happen...

writer'sblock posted a comment on Sunday 11th February 2007 1:00pm

This is a reallt good story. The plotline is realistic (to me) and the prophecies were good. I had forgotten about the constelation Andromeda and the Greek mythe about it until I read it here. Very good job!