Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

RubinCompServ posted a comment on Friday 28th February 2020 1:31pm

"...And if he doesn’t stop, say ‘Stop’ again?"

Ahh, Robin Williams, RIP :(

Contrition posted a comment on Friday 26th May 2017 9:38pm

I haven't read this series since 2011 and I only made it to Ch 1 of Surpassing Danger. (I got lost during the gap between uploading Ch 1 and 2, it seems.) I'm going to re-read the whole series though, starting on this wonderful long weekend. I remember really enjoying it, and really enjoying your take on the characters. I do remember that [SPOILERS] I was nervous about seeing Ginny wind up on Sixteen and Pregnant [/SPOILERS] so I can't wait to see what you did with that or how you got around it! Yay, now I settle in to begin my re-read. :)

GODS14 posted a comment on Thursday 5th January 2017 9:46pm

Is Sirius escape based off of the escape from Alcatraz?

Not the book or movie but the real thing. What we know of it anyway.

rivkat posted a comment on Friday 20th November 2015 6:47pm

From N, age 8: I love it! It is awesome! There are so many twists that go right for almost everybody, but it is a little scary around the end when they have to be separated. My favorite thing about it is that all these children are mentioned in the book even though I'm a little sad that Neville didn't come in more. Thank you very much for the story!

Katt posted a comment on Thursday 22nd October 2015 5:35pm

Ive been readin this Fanfic for 2004 i believe. it is by far my most favorite FF. Ive read the whole thing many time. i just LOVE rereading it.

bgoldnyxnet posted a comment on Thursday 13th August 2015 12:51am

Rereading this, I noticed that I wanted to skip over the first part, which is just description and explanations. Probably necessary, but not as engaging as all the previous parts. But the last part of this chapter was worth it!

bgoldnyxnet posted a comment on Thursday 6th August 2015 12:30pm

THis is a return visit to an old favorite. Partly because I've been trying to find where Danger explains how she got her nickname. I think it had something to do with rollerskates, but beyond that...

I also have the impression that Anne carefully never specified what happened on that day when Gertrude was 11.

I'm also looking through the DV AUs for a story I vaguely remember, in which a copy of the canon shows up in the Griffindor common room, and the Maurauders (including Peter and his girlfriend) are reacting to it.

Curse my failing memory!

Nenya posted a comment on Thursday 24th July 2014 12:37pm

I was imagining the John Williams theme playing over the scene at the end there :-) I'd never realised before that Tonks's examiner probably fell asleep because he/she was one of the ones guarding the Stone! This is why I love this series - all those little touches mean there's something new to pick up on every time I read it.

Nenya posted a comment on Thursday 24th July 2014 2:32am

Binge re-read time! Love this more every time I go back through it. I am still curious about the red haired boys from 100 years ago...Albus and Aberforth, perchance? Do we ever find out who they are?

Drakon83 posted a comment on Monday 12th May 2014 2:22am

so can anyone help me find the rest of these key snippets:

"…co can hel…"

"…go to lu…"

"…vil in…"

"…innee isn…"

"…oy, r…"

I know it happens near the end of this book, but I don't know where...

Drakon83 posted a comment on Sunday 11th May 2014 11:19pm

Anne, all I want to know, is what the name of the song by Easily Amused is named? I can't find it anywhere, and I so want to listen to it...

Drakon83 posted a comment on Saturday 10th May 2014 9:57pm

I love the John White disguise. It is so Clark Kent.

Drakon83 posted a comment on Wednesday 7th May 2014 1:55am

leave it to the "Oh so normal they are abnormal" Dursley's to be people who would give a 2 to 3 year old a grown up drink like Tea.

Drakon83 posted a comment on Tuesday 6th May 2014 11:28pm

Heya Anne, love your works. Just one question, do Muggles in 1982 Britain actually have the resources in their Animal Control departments to take down a fully grown Lycanthrope (Werewolf) in it's Lycan form? Something Wizards can only reliably do with Silver blades or a certain green tinged spell...

Strophe posted a comment on Friday 2nd May 2014 6:37pm

It is certainly an important day to my heart.

I really do love this story. It is making a bad day oh so much better just by being here. Thank you so much for writing it.

Strophe posted a comment on Friday 25th April 2014 3:40pm

That was a very lovely chapter. It is so very nice for Draco to get a chance, and it's very Pack-like to take him in immediately. I love the way you deal with it: everyone knows to be careful, Draco is excited and scared, and isn't perfectly accepting. It's a very good mix.I love this line from Sirius: " He’s dying for someone to touch him, but he’s afraid that same someone will suddenly decide, for no reason at all, to hurt him. And from his life experience, that’s a perfectly reasonable thing to think. " It's so important to recognize that people with some type of trauma aren't acting oddly because they are dumb or they don't know how to be rational; rather, everything they do made perfect sense, and kept them safe, at one point in their life.

The funniest moment, for me, was Sirius' profound annoyance at finding himself back in the manor. He's just so done, he can't bother to be curious or worried, just annoyed. Wonderful. That Dumbledore already knows that the Pack is likely behind Draco is a close second.

whydoyouhavetoknow posted a comment on Saturday 19th April 2014 9:42am

So... Remus is an heir of the founders?

Would that make Sirius the father of the Ravenclaw heir?

And supposing those two are true, it would logically follow that Neville Longbottom is the heir of Hufflepuff, non?

And of course, Tom Riddle is Slytherin's heir, but I guess Luna could become a Slytherin heir through some blood thingy--really it would only make sense that way, don't you think?

Strophe posted a comment on Wednesday 26th March 2014 12:10am

I have always wanted to see this chapter as a movie. It is just so emotional, and I can picture it - it would be great.

I particularly like that, after the contract is signed, Remus speaks for the Pack instead of Sirius. It is like Narcissa has, by signing the contract, fully acknowledged the leadership of the Pack.

Strophe posted a comment on Tuesday 25th March 2014 11:53pm

Lots of great things in this chapter. I love the allusion to the first movie, when Neenie asks "Is he - dead?"

Lucius is a snake. That brief glimpse we get into his mind is truly horrifying. That someone could look at adorable four year olds and think about them "learning proper fear" is terrible. I don't you can "learn" fear, and why would you want to teach it to someone anway? *shudder* On a lighter note - I wonder what the cubs did that led to a specific order to not run into people's legs with full strength; seems like a good story.

Draco takes to other kids immediately, it is great. I think I, as a four year old, whould have sat in the corner and been too shy to talk. He clearly wants Harry to be his brother, and it is too cute.

Strophe posted a comment on Tuesday 25th March 2014 11:32pm

Well, I've been gone awhile - Midterms.

Reading this chapter made my day, and there isn't much more to say about that. I love Sirius as a writer, and all the pieces of his we've gotten to see, too. Great stuff