Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Aberforth's Avatar posted a comment on Wednesday 15th February 2006 8:48pm

The last few chapters heve been wonderfully suspenseful. The Dementer episode made me feel like a small child, wanting to ask Mom to hurry past the scary part.

What a fitting punishment for Lucius. I hope he stays there for years. I enjoyed your taks on Tonks, and on the young Weasleys. I have to wonder if Danger will be able to connect the dots soon.

Thanks again for the gift of this story.

Lira posted a comment on Wednesday 15th February 2006 10:12am

Wow. Cool story. I'll surely read all the sequels. I normally don't like complete AU-stories (HP-fanfiction for me starts after year 4 at the earliest) but this is the second good AU-story I've read lately. :)
Keep up the good work.

Mickey posted a comment on Wednesday 15th February 2006 6:42am

I've seen this story before but it didn't look like anything I'd want to read. However since it was good enough to go on this site I decided to read it and I wish I had sooner.

I did think Harry's reaction was overdone and I'd expect them to go to Child Protective Services with that but still a very nice story so far.

Mickey

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Tuesday 14th February 2006 2:25pm

Sirius is free, the Rat is in the pokey, the Pack is together, and all is oh-so-WRONG with Severus Snape's World (a Potter, a Lupin, a Black, and a Weasley, all in the same Potions class, and another Black and Weasley will follow)...

Aberforth's Avatar posted a comment on Tuesday 14th February 2006 1:54pm

Nicely, nicely done. We have Luna, Neville, Draco, Ginny and Ron. Dobby too. Are all the players assembled yet? It looks that way.

I should know better than to begin 50-chapter stories at night. A work-night, no less.

Thanks so much for sharing this story with all the rest of us.

Aberforth's Avatar posted a comment on Tuesday 14th February 2006 1:30pm

Good for Minerva!

Aberforth's Avatar posted a comment on Tuesday 14th February 2006 1:23pm

Simple stuff, indeed. What a lovely couple of chapters. All simple and straightforward on the surface, with the hard work crisply plastered over. They read wonderfully well, and the imagery of Aletha at the piano while Sirius and Remus swim from Azkaban is hauntingly lyrical. One can almost hear the strains of Bach above the sounds of the waves.

The homecoming was nicely understated, but still satisfying. Well done!

Aberforth's Avatar posted a comment on Tuesday 14th February 2006 12:50pm

The Threefold Curse of the Righteous. What a lovely scene. I wonder what Dumbledore's reaction will be when he susses this bit out.

Aberforth's Avatar posted a comment on Tuesday 14th February 2006 12:23pm

Hooked, hooked, hooked! Good thing there are lots of completed chapters. The idea of magic that tames werewolves is marvelous. The dream sequence here is wonderful, and really rings true as a basis for an accelerated courtship and the non-dream marriage that I sense must be on the near horizon.

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Tuesday 14th February 2006 11:51am

Curious Minerva finds herself *literally treed* by an overprotective Sirius-as-Padfoot; eventually, she IS allowed to come down and the Pack (and Dumbledore) tell her the whole surprising story. (However, the part about being treed will become another one of the Marauder Legends. And, unfortunately for Minerva, it's entirely *true*.)

Aberforth's Avatar posted a comment on Tuesday 14th February 2006 11:51am

I love the way that this chapter just plunges the reader into the middle of the story. No wading into the shallows to get used to the water's temperature -- we're pushed over the side and instantly over our heads.

Danger is a great character, who I'm really looking forward to knowing better. The idea of Harry and Hermione as childhood playmates is brilliant. I can't wait to see how the adults work their way through the puzzle of the dream's rhyme.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Well, this story was originally going to be ten chapters long, so I had to get it going quickly... but I kept getting more and more ideas for plotlines, and here we are.

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Tuesday 14th February 2006 11:36am

I was right; *Feetie* Fudge isn't very tasty at all! Cornelius Fudge is Pranked out of office (forced to resign with his footed pajamas on and his dignity in shreds) and it turns out that one Dolores "Toad" Umbridge is the one that sicced the Dementor on Sirius (as she sicced one on Harry in Potterverse Prime). Makes me wonder what the dementors see in her....a kindred with the same lack of soul?

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Tuesday 14th February 2006 11:19am

Sirius Black (quoting the black safecracker for "Die Hard"): Oh my God, the cornerback IS *toast*! And look who's snapping the manacles on UnLuscious Lucius; none other than Master Auror Alastor Moody! Albus old Headmaster, you don't even know HALF the story of how Lucius Malfoy was dropped like a bad knut....

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Tuesday 14th February 2006 11:08am

Payback is a VERY unforgiving thing, as Lucius is about to discover. Narcissa, in her right mind (though she has poisoned herself) freely gives up Draco to her cousin Sirius and his commonlaw wife Aletha, to raise as their own (with the name of Draco Regulus *Black*), and further, testifies against hubby Lucius, thereby landing HIM in Azkaban. (Likely, for a rather long stay.) Which means that the Pack is now *complete*. Four adults (Remus, Danger, Sirius, and Aletha) and the four cubs (Harry, Hermione, Meghan, and Draco). The Malfoy line is practically kaput (Narcissa is on her way to corpsehood, by her own hand, and Lucius is enroute to Azkaban). Now, all we have to do is catch a Rat......

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Tuesday 14th February 2006 10:55am

And we have a *takedown*. Harry Potter, age *four*, defeats Lucius Malfoy, inner circle Death Eater, and steals Draco in the process. And using no magic at all. Can things get any more *embarrassing* for Riddle and Company?

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Tuesday 14th February 2006 10:47am

Oh, crap! The story is getting unravelled, and once again, Lucius Malfoy is the monkeywrench in the works.

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Tuesday 14th February 2006 10:40am

Sirius and Aletha have a daughter (Meghan Lily Black) and the Curse of the Righteous bears more Strange Fruit: Dudley Dursley is found to be a *muggleborn wizard*.

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Tuesday 14th February 2006 10:16am

The normally unflappable Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster of Hogwarts, et. alia., is now *severely flapped*. He adds up the pieces (cursed Dursleys, missing Sirius Black, and the odd fact that the cursed used on the Dursleys is one that no Dark Wizard *could*, let alone *would* cast) and comes to the shocking conclusion that Sirius Black had help busting out of Azkaban. In the form of a werewolf. And the pair has Harry. And they are likely in the company of at least *two* Muggleborn witches. And, worst of all (yes, even worse than having to tell Cornelius Fudge), he has to tell *Minerva NcGonagall*.

(Opening theme from "Dragnet")
The story you have just seen is fiction. No names were changed to protect *anybody*.

Machiavelli Jr posted a comment on Tuesday 14th February 2006 8:37am

Wonderful fic. Absolutely no nits to pick other than that Sirius as seen in canon is kinda hyper and I doubt he'd have the patience to write a decent novel. OTOH, the bits with his romances were very funny. You need reminding/telling, however, that in the UK 'You'll Never Walk Alone' belongs to Liverpool Football Club and nobody else. Strangely enough, the Liverpool kit this season has gold trim on red rather than the usual white. Somebody is a fan. Any chance that Harry will take the tradition to Hogwarts? There's nothing in the world like 45,000 fans singing before a big match. Yes, I know the Super Bowl gets X thousand more. It's not the same thing at all. I look forward to reading the sequels on here, KUTGW and never stop writing.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

It's telling I need, I'm a bemused American. And Sirius channeled his hyperness through his writing. Thanks, I shall!

siaru posted a comment on Tuesday 14th February 2006 1:34am

I loved this story when I found it on ffnet. I love that you're here now on Jeconais' site where Xing's foolishness can't threaten to make all your beautiful work unavailable on a whim of policy. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to reread an old friend.