Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Quizer posted a comment on Sunday 14th May 2006 2:05am

Great chapter. I like that things like Neville and Meghan's problem never take long to resolve; it would compromise the enjoyment one gets out of reading this. Great to see that Rita got finally captured as well. Problem is, what to do with her now? She knows too much and if released, she will still be just as dangerous as she was now...

Looking forward to more


Quizer

Patches posted a comment on Saturday 13th May 2006 10:44pm

I am so glad that Meghan and Neville have made up and have come to an understanding. That is very good. I'm glad the Pack parents have figured out a way to capture Rita (bugging everyone) Skeeter! Thank goodness.
I am concerned that Zambini is a spy for Moldyshorts! It would be terrible for him to use Colleen like that! I hope I'm wrong. Even so I am glad Harry helped out the Slytherins by stopping them from being hexed by those 3 third years. That is the Harry I know and love. Thanks for writing. pms

Jamey posted a comment on Saturday 13th May 2006 11:27am

Regarding the note about zippophones - people need to get used to just how *BIG* the group of people writing fanfic is! It's not going to be unusual for several people to come up with ideas - especially with the parameters of the idea so delimited. 1) Floo is as close to the muggle phone system as we get. 2) Floo requires flame. 3) We want something equivalent to muggle cell phones. ERGO - we need portable flame - aka, a cigarette lighter. Considering the differential between muggle and magical cultures, the butane lighter (whether it's actually made by Zippo or not) is the most likely source of fire, and Zippo is pretty close to a generic name for that style of lighter. So, I can't see how anyone can really complain about it.

It's like the expanded-interior/multi-compartmented trunk. I'm sure several fanfic authors used it before JKR did in GoF, but anyone who's seen an old Bugs Bunny cartoon would likely come up with a similar solution!

Great chapter, by the way!

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Saturday 13th May 2006 7:42am

Good solid chapter and that last line is delightful. The next chapter promises to be quite delightful.

On a more personal note, my congratulations on your graduation and my best wishes for graduate school; I know how much "fn" that can be.

Carolyn1 posted a comment on Saturday 13th May 2006 12:05am

Thanx for the update. Can't wait till the next chapter is out.

Gardengirl posted a comment on Friday 12th May 2006 11:55pm

Just for the record, I am absolutely stunned that a work of this quality is being written by a college student! Boy howdy, do YOU have future!

That said, I'm tickled that they've caught Rita, and that Meghan and Neville are on terms again. I gather that there's another imposter Moody at the school, though.... *shivers*

I look forward to every update, and THANK YOU for sharing your creativity and hard work!

Aberbadger posted a comment on Friday 12th May 2006 11:03pm

Totally random question...
Who are your images for Danger, Letha and Meghan? They look vaguely familiar...!

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Quite honestly, I don't know.   One of my fans Googled for images and made the poster for me.   I've been wondering the same thing, so if you figure it out, let me know?  

Aberbadger posted a comment on Friday 12th May 2006 10:53pm

Not to sound overly critical or pedantic, but I presume you got the idea of the Zippos from Rorschach's Blot's "Make A Wish"? It's rather good form to credit that sort of thing where its due...

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Believe it or not, I didn't.   There's a new bit in the Author's Note about that...

karina82 posted a comment on Friday 12th May 2006 4:47pm

first off Congradulations on your upcoming graduation. Good luck with the graduate work when it starts.

onto the review, wohooooooooooo new chapter and at the moment a new mystery. like who the freak where the two with voldie?
it's good to see neville and megan together again.
*doing the happy dance* finally someone caught rita, i sure hope they zap her with Raid or feed her to a frog.

Ravenclawchaser68 posted a comment on Friday 12th May 2006 3:59pm

Congratulations! I just graduated myself...only I still have to finish one last paper. I love this story. I like the way AU stories open up new possibilities. For example, I'm pretty sure this is the only story I've seen that involved Draco as a plausible protagonist. I'm looking forward to the next installment!

freakyfinger posted a comment on Friday 12th May 2006 3:08pm

Yah! Take that you b**** of a beetle! woot! Neville and Meghan have reunited!

amulder posted a comment on Friday 12th May 2006 2:29pm

Another enjoyable chapter... Snape was a bit of a surprise, both at Voldemort's side, and in the hallways. Zabini... going to see more of him?

I'm still hoping for a full-pack pool party in the prefect's bath. (For solving the Egg.) They're such a team, I really hope they do that together. We'll see. But, will it be Ron at the bottom of the lake this time, or will you pull a surprise on us? Hmm. Why not his brother Draco?

The Rita capture was a bit of a surprise. Seemed almost *too* parallel to canon. I wasn't expecting full outright capture. Hmm.

The Winky scene was pretty short, but then it wasn't that crucial to your plot I suppose.

Thanks for sharing.
...art

bluephoenixfire33 posted a comment on Wednesday 26th April 2006 8:28am

I wanted to take a minute to review not just chap. 42 but the entire Dangerverse. I finally began reading your work a few weeks ago. My hesitation was that I was not excited about a redeemed Draco. I have never been able to thoroughly enjoy a fic where he is not one of the antagonists. I was at best hoping to overcome the "Good!Draco" and read a good fic in spite of that aspect. Not only am I blown away by the world that you have created and all of your characters but I really like the Draco character that you write. I see the aspects of his canon character peaking through but I completely believe him as an excellent Beta to Harry’s Alpha. You have created characters that I get excited about and while their environment is far away from canon, they still remain the characters that I know and love to read about. The OOC moments are rational and brilliantly thought out and your OC’s are intelligent and fully developed, powerful but not Mary-Sue’s.

I can honestly say that this has become my favorite series and as I have read all of the authors at this most excellent site, this is saying something. I wish that I had some talent to be able to be objective and give some constructive criticism, however, I’m having a "Colin Creevey" moment and going all "fanboy" on you. :)

All I can say is I really like your work, I check for updates way too often and I hope that life smiles on you enough to let you write as often as you want to.

Keep up the great work and I can’t wait for chap. 43!

Thanks,
bpf33

MercuryBlue posted a comment on Tuesday 25th April 2006 10:57pm

It occurs to me that Harry is Draco and Meghan's second cousin once removed, so anything that affects Meghan via her blood relationship to Draco should also affect Harry, though not as strongly. So he shouldn't be getting away unscathed from rescuing Meghan from the snake thing around Draco.

MercuryBlue posted a comment on Tuesday 25th April 2006 6:21am

I can see your reasoning for introducing Colleen Lamb, and for having Blaise Zabini take a shine to her, and it's certainly interesting to read. However, there was apparently a televised interview with JKR a few years ago, in which she showed us a page from her notes, regarding the people in Harry's class. There's an essay on HP Lexicon, entitled "Secrets of the Classlist", which has an in-depth analysis of that list and links to the pictures. There's nobody named Lamb on the list.

Including Colleen is a good idea, don't get me wrong, but I think it might be better if you rename her and Margaret to comply with JKR's notes. All you'd have to do is change the last name to that of one of the people we know exists but don't know anything more about than the last name.

Graup posted a comment on Thursday 20th April 2006 2:22pm

Yeah, I agree. They are too young for a ball!

Good update, there. It was great to see Luna come to the ball, and give Draco a thrill.

Hermione, Ron, and Ginny were interesting. You didn't do much with Ginny, but we'll see in the future - at least there seems to be something there that Harry is feeling as well.

Interesting fight scene - Draco wanting and knowing how to break a bone. Very interesting.

Graup posted a comment on Wednesday 19th April 2006 4:54pm

You grasped the essence of boy/girl/dance angst. The girls in groups, the boys trying to figure it out, the girls and boys both trying to figure out their feelings.

Good job, there. It brought back memories I had forgotten, and wish to remain buried!

The love potion was a bit different. I didn't expect that. Hmmm - does that spell trouble for the newest Weasley couple? Its seems that way.

Bethany posted a comment on Wednesday 19th April 2006 3:07pm

Once again a wonderful chapter!! I just started reading the whole Danger Universe 4 weeks ago, to say the least I've been reading so much, I've not slept a lot. I've become very obsessed!! :) I am so in love with the world you have created. I am finding myself enjoying your universe more than canon.
I love the way you have kept the major events in each year, close to HP canon. It is fun to kinda know what is coming, but not really!!
Thank you for sharing your talent. You are truly a gifter writer. Reading your work has been such a joy in my life, thank you for that!! I look forward to more!!

brad posted a comment on Wednesday 19th April 2006 2:22pm

*SO* pleased that you had Neville refrain from kissing Meghan. It's been nice to read of their puppy love, it's very cute, and one attraction of settling in to read this story for the long haul (you've been signed to write for all seven years, right? :-) ) is to see how their feelings will deepen and evolve into true romantic love. But it would have just been WRONG for Neville to kiss 'romantically' - full on the lips - an eleven year old girl. I think Meghan's reaction proves that she's not yet mature enough to understand the entire subtext of such a kiss, the depth of emotion that should accompany such an action. Kissing an eleven year old girl 'for real' would have been just *icky*. So good on yer Neville for holding back.

Loved Draco's thought about Luna re her (lack of) subtlety, and overall enjoyed your characters' superior levels of maturity over their canon counterparts - Ron ended up dancing with Hermione after all, Ginny took things matter-of-factly, Harry danced with all of the Pride girls, etcetera. Good show.

freakyfinger posted a comment on Wednesday 19th April 2006 12:31pm

Yah! Harry's with Ginny! woot! Hmm . . . I thought Meghan was more mature than her age, why is acting like the typical hormone-driven teenager, where the smallest word is a big deal?

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Because even if she was acting three years older than her age, that would still place her smack in the middle of hormonia.   And because she hates not getting her own way.