Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Monday 31st July 2006 9:26pm

Cackled at the drag queen make-up. I knew there'd be trouble when he confessed. Wonderful chapter.

ponderous stibbons posted a comment on Monday 31st July 2006 8:37pm

Thanks for all the chapters. Going back to the Dursleys was unexpected.

MarinePotterfan posted a comment on Monday 31st July 2006 12:20pm

Another great chapter, and a nice ending for this part of the story. I think that sending him to the Dursleys is a mustake, but I think I see were you will be going with this. Dudley is going to be a pain in the Ass. I think it is going to get real ugly there. I can't wait for the next story to start.

MPF

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Monday 31st July 2006 10:30am

You had me briefly worried when it came to Remus waking up, though I was a little surprised he imagined that Danger would have an affair with Sirius. It worked out well though. Good chapter.

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Monday 31st July 2006 10:20am

Was the "not a pirate" line a Princess Bride reference? Loved that the Longbottoms are revived and Danger wants babies but can't have them.

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Monday 31st July 2006 10:09am

I adored this chapter, especially the balance in the Longbottoms and the way the magic worked. Fantastic.

Matthew4 posted a comment on Monday 31st July 2006 8:59am

Very well done as always, Miss Author. I look forward to the next addition to the Dangerverse. And also for when you update "Truth Amid the Lies" next. Keep up the good work!

MonkeyAxman1302 posted a comment on Monday 31st July 2006 8:43am

Whoa!!
I can't believe you sent Harry to the Dursley's!!
Thats just cruel! Especially after you made Dumbledore take Harry aside and tell him not to push away the people he cares about. Then Dumbledore takes him away fromt he people he cares about, a bit odd that. You've always seemed to have Dumbledore understand the power of the pack why change that now?
I think you should have done the scene with the pack parents and Dumbledore discussing this. Think it would have shown more resistance to it, that the Pack would definitely have!! They seem to have rolled over and played dead with it.

I know that was a bit rant like. Sorry. I did like other aspects of the chapter. Harry's dealing with the aftermath seemed very real.

Its been a superb story and an even better ride. Thank you for such a brilliant story!

I look forward to years Five, Six and Seven now!
ooh, please update Vivens Cum Pericula first that was getting good.
But please don't leave the main story arc to long, as the Dangerverse is one of my favourite fanfics out there.

Monkey

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Monday 31st July 2006 8:43am

Hitting Snape was so enjoyable, it's just a shame it caused a fight.

Darkness posted a comment on Monday 31st July 2006 7:58am

Hmm, I guess after going through it a second time doesn't make it sound so bad. My appologies; I did not intend to sound so critizing on my very first review. I blame being groggy and only 3 hours of sleep.

I should have mentioned this in my previous review, but I like the dark turn the story is taking. Many AU's sometimes have Harry being too happy; you have given him a loving family while staying somewhat true to the depressing canon atmosphere after GOF.

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Monday 31st July 2006 7:04am

I love the way you switch between the seriousness of Lucius's escape and the sheer exuberant joy of them being children still. Wonderful chapters. Plus the blood protection is very clever.

Quizer posted a comment on Monday 31st July 2006 6:54am

I don't like the dark turn this is story is taking; I don't like all the angst. You're doing a great job at promoting a hopeless atmosphere in the reader, by doing things like killing Cedric off after making it seem like he might survive, and sending Harry to the Dursleys. There's no telling how long it will last, either. I'll continue reading the chapters, for the eventual happy end that I'm sure will come, but I'm not currently getting any enjoyment out of this. I'm also probably not ever going to re-read the story. Why subject myself to the whole rainy soul miasma twice?


Quizer

freakyfinger posted a comment on Monday 31st July 2006 5:53am

Ah man. I hate, hate, hate the Dursleys! Well at least its not going to be as bad as the books . . . he has the pack to fall back on now.

Gardengirl posted a comment on Monday 31st July 2006 4:03am

Hurray! This is such a fun fic to read. I'd be sad about the next one being the last, except your chapters are always long (and plentiful). Hope grad school treats you well and you still have time to share your creativity with us.

Matthew4 posted a comment on Monday 24th July 2006 11:55am

The difference here, most wondrous writer of astounding fanfiction, is that we readers ENJOY this particular torture. You tend to give good payoffs at the end. I can't say enough good things about the Danger series. I also love "Truth Amid the Lies." I want to see more!

MonkeyAxman1302 posted a comment on Monday 24th July 2006 9:31am

Wow!
Brilliant! Loved how Dumbledore heads Harry's angst issues off at the pass!
Brilliant

Monkey

MarinePotterfan posted a comment on Monday 24th July 2006 8:41am

Great chapter, dont forget to have the Harry give the twins the money.

MPF

Rijl Kent posted a comment on Monday 24th July 2006 6:06am

Ok! I'm just caught up with your whole saga! Very very fun. I'm a little overwhelmed by the whole thing right now to single out anything... Living with danger was fantastic, brilliant, charming, endearing. It's so satisfying to have Harry in a close 'family.' There's a reason the wolf was the first domesticated animal--we're social 'pack' animals, too. Remus (and of course, Harry) are good alphas.

I think that I enjoyed Living with Danger more than these sequels--not because these are bad, quite the contrary, but working within JKRs plot doesn't allow for the creativity or, really, the charm, you had when creating the pack. I am really looking forward to years 5, 6, etc, even more now that you've said they'll be more your own plot. I can't imagine the pack and pride would put up with an Umbridge in Hogwarts for very long--they'd figure out some way to make her flee with her tail between her legs! (or have her arrested!)

I quite agree with your assesment of HBP as "Harry learns in dribs and drabs about Tom Riddle’s early life while Draco Malfoy tries ineptly to kill Dumbledore." It's for that reason I started my own year 6 story--I had so many scenes in my head of things that could happen, and nothing like it did. (www.fanfiction.net/~rijlkent if you're at all interested in another yr6 story)

Anyhow, thanks for sharing your prolific works. (AUs of AUs, I tell you! ; ) --I've already read some of 'vivens'--how many worlds is your first universe going to birth?) It's great stuff, and definitely worthy of the pantheon of fanficauthors.net.

Peace--
--Rijl

freakyfinger posted a comment on Monday 24th July 2006 5:48am

Please say there won't be Umbridge in fifth year. Let Harry follow Crouch's suggestion, and then the Wizarding World will know that Voldemort is back.

amulder posted a comment on Sunday 23rd July 2006 10:34pm

Anne,

Fine job. yes, very interesting to see this scene with all the supporting parents in place. Fudge is still Fudge.

you wrote "bad guys don't change unless they have to". Fudge isn't bad, but I think the rule applies to cowards and inept-guys as well... :-)

The presence of Crouch as an ally of Dumbledore will undoubtedly be a very interesting impact on the next year.

Yeah, I would be very surprised if your next two years were NOT very different. Sure, Umbridge will still be there, but Harry won't be the whiny/angry/alone type this time.

thanks for sharing, great, GREAT job.

...art