Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Mariposa posted a comment on Wednesday 19th April 2006 10:08am

Great chapter!!!!! I loved it! I'm glad that they were all able to dance, that was great, at least they weren't sitting around looking stupid. You left out when Harry and Draco danced with Hermione I would have liked to see the conversations about Krum. I loved how you handled Colleen and Blaise getting together, it was so sweet and perfect and well thought out. The Harry/Cho thing is getting on my nerves, he's so thick but I understand it needs to be done. So are we going to get the "Yule Brawl" or is thier civility going to last the night? I'd still really like to see it happen. Great chapter! Can't wait for more but I guess i have to ;o)

Mari

Stefan posted a comment on Wednesday 19th April 2006 6:29am

So, Karkaroff was one of the Death Eaters that murdered Hermione's parents. "Did I know your mother, perhaps?" Indeed; you killed her.

Interesting...

I really like this chapter, and this story, and everything Dangerverse (though I prefer mainline Dangerverse).

I hope Harry gets to know Cho, and discovers that she isn't the girl for him. Or any other event that will open his eyes for Ginny.

Also, when will Harry discover that he is the blood heir of Gryffindor? It is him, right?

Update when you want, though the sooner, the happier I will be.

Quizer posted a comment on Wednesday 19th April 2006 4:43am

That last sentence really says it all. Looks like the relationships of the Pride are pretty screwed up right now. Some of them are probably going to take longer to sort out than others (coughroncoughharrycough)... But hey, at least Colleen and Blaise had a nice evening. Wonder if Neville is going to write home for advice, like Draco did earlier in the chapter... I like that at least some of them are aware that they can get help and advice that way. It's a far cry from the way Harry and co. did everything by themselves in canon.

update soon, and take care


Quizer

Gardengirl posted a comment on Wednesday 19th April 2006 12:48am

Fantastic, as always. *sighs happily* I hope your trip and business resolve successfully, and I'll look forward to more when you're back. Thanks for a great read with my breakfast!

David posted a comment on Tuesday 18th April 2006 10:33pm

Meghan always has been precocious. Hopefully things will look better in the morning light, but at her age she's likely to spend at least a few days sulking before reason overpowers emotion.

Might be interesting if you sat Ron and Hermione down and had Ron explain his "everyone but Harry is the enemy" mentality.

Of course, that would only work to his advantage if he made similar comments about Fleur and Cedric, and I don't know that he would think to say so explicitly.

karina82 posted a comment on Tuesday 18th April 2006 5:21pm

man what a chapter. glad to see that the admirer turned our to be zabini. it was cool that luna made it after all. hope neville and megan get back together soon.

brad posted a comment on Tuesday 18th April 2006 12:22pm

Hermione looked up at him. "Daddy," she said. Ah, that was just great. Hermione may have burst into tears, but I'll admit to having a slight case of misty eyes as well. That word - 'daddy' - has it ever been mentioned at all, in all of the preceding chapters of your Danger stories? Heaps of 'mama Letha', Padfoot, Dadfoot, Moony, etcetera, but not 'daddy'. Which made it all the more effective, for me, in reading it here - took me totally by surprise. Moony meeting her halfway and the 'daddy' ... very very nice. Thanks for the warm feelings! The Winky bit at the end was cute too ... always good to read of our heroes doing something nice for someone, simply because they're the good guys and nice people all 'round. Thank you for the story & chapter!

Ishtar posted a comment on Sunday 16th April 2006 3:35am

Oooh, verry very interesting. I think I've been trained by too many Manipulative!Dumbledore fics, and now I cringe whenever I hear those dreaded words, "the greater good." This is going to bite Aletha on the fundament big time.

The part with the kiddies pairing off is just as cringeworthy as it was in the original - mainly because I remember how things went when I was that age ... I hope Harry and Ron at least have the sense to pay some attention to their partners this time. But they probably won't, because they're dense and need to be hit over the head with a clue-by-four.

Your Rita is even more vile than JKR's. Somebody should accidentally squish her.

Looking forward to the next chapter.

David posted a comment on Sunday 16th April 2006 1:22am

I bet the potion comes back to bite Aletha on the arse. Wish she'd taken the time to see what it smelled like to Tonks before the additive.

And I hope (expect, really, with you) that the boys wake up to what their jealousy means with regards to the girls a lot sooner this time.

Mariposa posted a comment on Sunday 16th April 2006 1:21am

OMG how could you have Tonks fall in love with Remus?!? That was such an unexpected twist but brilliant and I wonder what the fall out will be? I really hope what Aletha did was right and I don't want Remus to find out, that would be so mortifying for Tonks, poor girl. I liked the way Hermione and Krum played out, very plausible there and enjoyable. And I like how HArry and Ron are so thick until they have it thrown in thier faces that they are so thick! Great chapter and I can't wait to read more :oD

Mari

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Saturday 15th April 2006 6:51pm

*chuckle* Some interesting variations there on canon and a number of interesting bits of game playing. One wonders just what more they'll get on Rita Skinner before she stops doing them damage.

karina82 posted a comment on Saturday 15th April 2006 5:41pm

wohooo a new chapter. it was kind of shocking that Tonks revealed to letha that she had feelings for remus. man how i hate rita i keep hoping something evil will happen to her. to bad luna can't make it to the dance. glad to see that ron and harry are pretty much kicking themsleves for not asking hermione and ginny to the dance early.

Mayjest posted a comment on Wednesday 12th April 2006 9:29am

What the? Where did it all go? I started reading this from Think Fast, where I left it off a while ago, and thought it would take ages to get to the end (so far). That was 3 days ago. This stuff is great. I love AUs, and this one is amazing, so I can literally drink it in.

I only hope you can produce the next chapter faster than the last one. The Dangerverse is one of those quiet stories, not one that people shout terribly loud about, but everyone likes it anyway.

Only question though, how come your making the cannon pairings as difficult as cannon. Neville/Meghan and Draco/Luna have found each other (kinda, anyway), and thats obviously not going to change, so why can't Harry and Ron wise up? I vaguely remember references to Harry liking Ginny in a couple of ways, probably from the original LwD, where did that go? I hope you can remedie this for the Yule Ball, and not have to prolong the H/G and R/Hr stuff until 6th year or something. That would just frustrate me.

Anne B. Walsh replied:

Blush.   Thank you.   Re pairings:   Because it's fun.   Neville has a simpler soul that way, and I figured Draco deserved one easy and uncomplicated thing in his life.   Harry and Ron can't wise up because they haven't been smacked over the head enough - this will change.   Harry likes Ginny (he thinks) as a friend.   Define "until 6th year," because I have a very clear idea of when the canon pairings will crystallize, and unfortunately, no, it won't be for the Yule Ball - but certain things will happen then...

Michelline posted a comment on Thursday 6th April 2006 12:32pm

I dearly love this fic and am always excited to see an update. What an interesting and original piece! I normally don't like original characters at all but your Danger is awesome! I love the entire concept. Even though Hermione IS with Ron :) Can't win 'em all, can I? Seriously, I just wanted to thank you for the reading pleasure you've given me.

Christina C. Keimig posted a comment on Wednesday 5th April 2006 2:01pm

Hurrah! The trial went even better than I was hoping. It's about time things started improving for them!
And I agree about your solution for Winky and the Wheezies, I mean Weasleys. ;-)

Rocky235 posted a comment on Wednesday 5th April 2006 12:46am

All my favorite characters getting what they want, what could be better.

MarinePotterfan posted a comment on Tuesday 4th April 2006 5:46pm

Harry has to ask Ginny after cho turns him down and Ron has to ask Hermione before Vicky. Nice chapter, but I think they should have let the picture of them hugging go. So they can show how wonderful and loving they are togather. Keep up the great writing and update soon.

MPF

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Tuesday 4th April 2006 9:49am

Very nice chapter, I esp. loved the testimony of Hermione and Draco together and the scene where Ron acquires Winky's services for his folks. I like the take of this AU.

Mariposa posted a comment on Tuesday 4th April 2006 8:15am

Great chapter and I can't wait for the Yule Ball!!!

You really did keep me in great suspense not knowing what Hermione was going to do to prove Moony was a good father and then she called him "Daddy", it was just too sweet! And I love that you're giving Winky to the Weasleys, great idea! I love this story, keep up the good work!

Gardengirl posted a comment on Tuesday 4th April 2006 4:32am

Ab fab! And the right prevails. Hurrah! Looking forward to the Yule Ball, don't you know. Can hardly wait - thanks for the regular updates. Cheers, Michelle